Reapplicant interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

spartan14

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone elaborate on any questions reapplicants are asked during interviews? I'm trying to prepare for a few upcoming interviews and am wondering what, if any, questions will be asked.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
How have you improved yourself (or your application) since the last app cycle?

Can anyone elaborate on any questions reapplicants are asked during interviews? I'm trying to prepare for a few upcoming interviews and am wondering what, if any, questions will be asked.

Thanks!

Reactions: 1 users
How have you improved yourself (or your application) since the last app cycle?
They asked me, in addition to what Goro wrote, what are my alternate plans in case I don't get in.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey @Goro! I've seen you mention on a few other threads that you would look poorly on a student (reapplicant or no) who answers "I would keep applying" in response to being asked what they would do if they aren't accepted during the current cycle. What would you consider an acceptable response? I've been thinking about it a lot lately as a reapplicant and I don't think I would keep on applying indefinitely because that implies an inability to face the reality that getting an MD might not be in the cards but I also don't want to make an interviewer think that I'm indifferent to becoming a physician so I'm struggling to think of a good way to answer this question.

Looks like I'm going to have to retire the question.

An acceptable response for me would be "I'll try 1-2 more cycles while improving myself, and if I still can't get in, then I'll do ____" (insert alternative career here).

Hey @Goro! I've seen you mention on a few other threads that you would look poorly on a student (reapplicant or no) who answers "I would keep applying" in response to being asked what they would do if they aren't accepted during the current cycle. What would you consider an acceptable response? I've been thinking about it a lot lately as a reapplicant and I don't think I would keep on applying indefinitely because that implies an inability to face the reality that getting an MD might not be in the cards but I also don't want to make an interviewer think that I'm indifferent to becoming a physician so I'm struggling to think of a good way to answer this question.

Reactions: 3 users