Reapplicant Need advice please MD/DO

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medlax

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! I would really appreciate any advice and/or suggestions..

I didn't get any acceptances this round, and only had one interview. I applied to about 28 MD schools. I am going to reapply for the next cycle. Would greatly appreciate any feedback.

OGPA: 3.45 MCAT 29 9 in verbal and 10,10
SGPA: 3.53 2nd MCAT: 8 in verbal and 11,11

Did not to great in undergraduate but went to top liberal arts college and was an economics major and played college lacrosse. Then, went to post-back and received a 3.79, took 2 more English classes and received a's in both. I am signed up for 2 more science classes this summer as well as an emt class. Once I decided on medicine, there has been an upward trend.

EC's: More than 200 hours shadowing 3 physicians, working as research assistant in hospital, volunteer at blood drives and volunteer at a family atrium in hospital helping patients and families through the surgical journey.

Freshman year, I was given an institutional action for underage drinking (7 years ago, has been expunged) and senior year (more than 3 years ago) when I was a senior in college, public safety came in the house I was living in and saw marijuana grinders. Everyone who lived in the house was given a disciplinary warning. There was no marijuana and I was not in the house. I remained in good standing in the university.

This cycle I plan on applying to DO schools as well as MD schools., but do not want to retake the mcats. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
medlax, Today at 7:16 AM Report

Members don't see this ad.

When was your AMCAS complete last time? (any later than July isn't good)

When were your secondaries complete? (generally August or right after you get them is good)

Are you a California resident? (the odds are never in your favor, if so)

Did you only apply to popular and/or coastal schools? (this would be poor school choice)

Did you apply to public schools outside your home state? (this would also be poor school choice)

Was that interview in your home state? Did you ask the school that interviewed you for feedback? (only your home state publics are likely to give you any feedback)

AMCAS opens in less than a month. You're out of time to add things to your reapp, unless you wait a year. See my long-winded dissertation in the FAQ for more info.

Best of luck to you.

I retook the MCAT last cycle in August and my scores were not available until September so that was late I know. Will apply in June this time. New York resident.

Read your FAQ. Amazing and very informative....