MD & DO Reapplicant, need help with final school list 3.63 c 3.51 s, 31mcat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alkapwnyer

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
CA resident, white, 3.63 cgpa, 3.51 s, 31 MCAT 11/11/9 vr 250+ volunteering over the last 2.5 years in the telemetry department of a hospital, dean's list multiple times, provost honors a few, member of premed health club at school, etc just a bunch of random stuff that's less important. In time since reapplying I have gotten 150 more hours volunteering and 30 hopefully 50 hours shadowing experience.

Worked construction during summers in undergrad and currently as well. Title laborer, function more as somewhat of a foreman, speaking with some subcontractors on behalf of my boss, etc. Framing, concrete, hanging drywall, demo, etc. (Probably like 1000+ hours at this point over all summers and now)

My current list of schools

Schools reapplying to:
Albany Medical College
Drexel
Eastern Virginia medical school
quinnipac
George washington
georgetown
loyola
new york medical college
tulane
uc davis
uc riverside
ucsd
UCI
virginia commonwealth
wake forest
west Virginia

New prospective schools I am applying to:
Penn State
Temple
Jefferson
Oakland Beaumont
Medical College Wisconsin
Rosalind Franklin
Creighton

DO schools I am applying to, as I did not apply DO last cycle:

A.T. still university som arizona
Arizona com of midwestern university
Chicago com of midwestern university
Kansas City UMB
Alabama COM
PCOM
PCOM - georgia
Touro COM - California
UNECOM
Western University COM
PacNW
COMP NW (western, in Oregon)
TUNCOM
MUCOM
DMU
VCOM
NYITCOM
NOVA

Thank you so much for your time again, everyone. Help is greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You are competitive for any DO school and should receive several interviews from your list. For MD schools you could add Western Michigan and U Arizona (Tuscon and Phoenix). Also apply to Roseman and the new U Nevada school when they begin accepting applications this year.

You are competitive for any DO school and should receive several interviews from your list. For MD schools you could add Western Michigan and U Arizona (Tuscon and Phoenix). Also apply to Roseman and the new U Nevada school when they begin accepting applications this year.

I thought based on the msar that they had a pretty heavy IS bias, am I interpreting the information incorrectly? Thank you for your time

Members don't see this ad :)
The AZ schools do have instate bias but they seem to accept a decent number from CA.

Is there a publishing thing I could use to read about this or is it a consensus from the SDN forums? I have not been here very long as you might have noticed.

Did you get interviews last cycle?

One. But my problem was an issue of a misunderstanding of the process (I am stupid, in short). Essentially, I didn't actually send my application until september, and I recognize now for my stats, and even if I had better stats, september is way too late and I basically wasted a bunch of money. So now I am endeavoring to do it correctly. Once I get my school list I am submitting immediately as I have all the materials this time