Reapplicant ORM Asian cGPA 3.69, sGPA 3.52, 27 (11,7,10) MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mabnoob

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, so I applied to all TMDSAS school this previous cycle, but I got my MCAT score in very late. I go to UT Austin majoring in biology. Took the MCAT twice, first getting 24 and then a 27 last summer.
I didn’t get any II and I’ve gotten all rejections this cycle. I wanted to stay in Texas, but thinking of applying out of state (MD or DO) this upcoming cycle.
I’ve also applied to TCOM SMP and I’m waiting on that application.

My ECs are:

2 years of resident assistant

1 year of waiter (Freshmen year)

Public health research 80ish~ hours of looking at the health risks of middle school kids in Austin

100+ hours of hospital volunteering

40+ hours Big Brother/Big Sister

EMT-B certified since Spring 2013, but I haven’t really used it since graduation

A handful of student organizations such as health organizations and business organizations.

6 hours of shadowing a DO.

I know my MCAT is kind of low. I don’t really have time to study for the new MCAT until summer.
Should I just submit my application early and then study for my MCAT during then?
What are my chances at Texas schools if I apply really early this semester?
Should I even consider the TCOM SMP or should I focus on my MCAT this summer and work on my resume (working/shadowing/research/whatever I can get) this gap year that I would have if I didn't do the smp?

Also are there any recommendations to MD/DO schools out of state this upcoming cycle? (My AACOMAS stats are cGPA: 3.71 and sGPA: 3.56)

Thanks guys.

Members don't see this ad.

+1, if you want to have higher odds of being a doctor, apply broadly DO as well.......don't roll the dice with another year of your life on a 27
OOS DO looks like a plan.
Apply early and you are good to go.