Reapplicant Personal Statement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ka$hh

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
After a very unsuccessful cycle, I have to reapply for 16-17. During the past year, I worked in a great research lab, where I'll have a publication, as well as an independent project continuing into next year. I continued my clinical volunteer work and I am also planning to retake my MCAT, as I believe it is what's made me fail.

With that said, any tips on how to write a personal statement? Should I keep the one from last year and add onto it or start completely from scratch? Any topic ideas? Should I focus on what I learned in my lab or what I learned in general?

Members don't see this ad.

I was also a reapplicant. I rewrote my personal statement and updated it a bit. I originally was not going to re-write it, but am glad that I did, because I realized it was much better after revising. I also have a lot of experience reviewing essays as I used to be an Admissions Ace mentor. I would be happy to provide you feedback on your statement if you would like. PM me.

Reactions: 1 user
I was also a reapplicant. I rewrote my personal statement and updated it a bit. I originally was not going to re-write it, but am glad that I did, because I realized it was much better after revising. I also have a lot of experience reviewing essays as I used to be an Admissions Ace mentor. I would be happy to provide you feedback on your statement if you would like. PM me.
I would love help with rewriting my personal statement as well. How do I contact you?