Reapplicant prepping SOP for 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

noolsy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
First off -- thanks so much to everyone in this thread. Reading through has been extremely helpful and already taken care of so many questions I had about the reapplication process.

I'm currently drafting a new SOP for the 2014 application cycle. I actually worked very hard on the statement I used last year and received generally positive feedback from the peers and professors I asked to look it over -- so while trying to start from scratch, I realized I still think my original SOP is pretty good -- i.e. I don't know where to go from here or how to fix it.

Would anyone be interested in looking over my SOP and tearing it to shreds? Really helping me see the weaknesses that've gone overlooked so that I can produce a stronger one this time around?

I'm sorry if this is not the appropriate thread! I just figured folks with a mind toward or experience in reapplication might bring a uniquely careful critique or have advice on how to entirely re-write an SOP. Would be grateful for any tips/pointers in the right direction. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Sure, you can send it over, but be sure to provide me with some basic stats so that I can give you a more accurate critique. - Admissionstomedicine