Reapplicant. What are my chances this year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

usf156

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Guys,

I graduated college last year in the spring, and spent the summer shadowing and studying for the DAT. I took the DAT in August and got a 23 (TS/AA) and a week after started/submitted my application. My GPA from undergrad was pretty low, I believe 3.1 science and 3.3 overall and hence I got rejected from all the schools I had applied to, and only got one interview.

My question is what are my chances of landing some interviews this year if I apply on the very first day. In this past year I have volunteered on campus, taken 2 science classes as a post bac student, volunteered in a dental clinic as a dental assistant (excluding xrays and polishing). I have also spent months rewriting my personal statement and this time will have a LOR from a dentist. I also will be doing a masters this fall.

Thanks,

Christian.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Your ECs look good to me. Great job with the DAT!
Although I did not get in last cycle, I was told by adcoms, dentists, and even dental students that if you apply the 2nd time, something must stand out. Adcoms would expect you to take more classes (post bac) and try to do well in them. Despite a low gpa, they do look at recent coursework especially if they are all bio classes.

May I ask what your masters is in?

Masters in Medical Science at USF. Well I am still deciding between that and Barry University's Master of Biomedical Science.