Reapplication question "What has changed"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lahaiesi

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
When reapplying and answering the "what has changed" question, what should it be like? Short and sweet like higher GPA etc., or more essay like? I'm not quite sure what to say in it since not much has really changed except my numerical stats so I don't want to drag it on if I don't have to. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
There are only so many reasons to become a re-applicant.
Identify those that apply and explain how you addressed them and what you learned.
Ok I understand! Thank you! :)

Reactions: 1 user
Remember that the adcoms can see a lot of what has changed (MCAT, GPA values), so briefly mention those. I think they more want to hear about mentally, emotionally, and professionally what has changed. That part should seem more essay-eque because you actually need to explain it. Hope this helped! I struggled with this for a bit.

Remember that the adcoms can see a lot of what has changed (MCAT, GPA values), so briefly mention those. I think they more want to hear about mentally, emotionally, and professionally what has changed. That part should seem more essay-eque because you actually need to explain it. Hope this helped! I struggled with this for a bit.
Yes it does! I'm glad I asked because I was just going to bullet point quick things that changed (stats, etc.) so that would have been a disaster! haha. I have a much better understanding of the question now.

I was a re-applicant.

I was basically stupid the first time. I got a 26 (went in without any studying and didn't even know what topics were tested), wrote a personal statement in 2 days and submitted. I only applied for 4 schools - at the time my boyfriend was moving to a different state, I just applied to medical schools in those same states. Stupid right? Though - I did actually want to be a doctor.

Anyways, after 3 years, I worked for some companies and taught a few years. It definitely changed my perspective on life.

worked for some companies and taught a few years. It definitely changed my perspective on life.
1UoG7fq

I received an interview at this medical school today so I think my essay worked :) Thanks for all the advice!