Recent DAT takers: Bio Qs Diff?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sweetcinuhstix

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I heard the Bio questions on DAT are becoming more like MCAT-type questions(less direct)...

Is this for all of the 40 questions?

How did you all prepare for this? MCAT questions recommended or stick to the kaplan dat/destroyer/cliffs/textbook/etc?

Members don't see this ad.

Honestly, I took the MCAT not too long ago. Comparing it with the DAT practice questions and hearing some from past DAT takers, I think DAT Bio questions are tougher. They are more direct discrete questions. MCAT has some discretes, but focuses more on passage-based questions where you are required to combine the knowledge from the paragraphs provided and your basic bio knowledge to answer the questions. On the DAT...you either know it or you don't!

I'm planning on taking the DAT soon and using my MCAT material is great! Covers nearly the same subjects. Truthfully...the high scores always come from practice, practice, and more practice! lol

I hope that helps :thumbup:

I heard the Bio questions on DAT are becoming more like MCAT-type questions(less direct)...

Is this for all of the 40 questions?

How did you all prepare for this? MCAT questions recommended or stick to the kaplan dat/destroyer/cliffs/textbook/etc?

I wouldn't say this is the case for all 40 questions. But the BIO section of the real DAT could become somewhat challenging. For example, if you limit yourself to KAPLAN only, you will miss experiment-related questions, which will most likely show up on your exam. I studied the following material:
KAPLAN, Cliffs, Destroyer...

Good Luck!