General Admissions & OTCAS Recent Interview Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BeOT

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm in the process of applying and interviewing at OT schools and I recently had a couple of interviews and while it is still fresh I thought I'd share some of the common questions that I got asked so that if you are preparing for interviews it may help you out a bit.

P.S. Feel free to comment below if you have anything to add and/or think you might have a good response to the less personal questions.

-Why OT?
-What is OT?
-Why this particular school?
-Why do you want to get your MOT vs. OTD (or vice versa)?
-Tell me about a time you failed and how you were able to overcome.
-How do you handle stress?
-What is the biggest issue facing the field of OT currently?
-Is there a particular intervention/activity that stood out while you were completing your observation hours?
-Is there a particular patient that stood out while you were completing your observation hours?
-Where do you see yourself in the future?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 7 users
Hi everyone! I'm in the process of applying and interviewing at OT schools and I recently had a couple of interviews and while it is still fresh I thought I'd share some of the common questions that I got asked so that if you are preparing for interviews it may help you out a bit.

P.S. Feel free to comment below if you have anything to add and/or think you might have a good response to the less personal questions.

-Why OT?
-What is OT?
-Why this particular school?
-Why do you want to get your MOT vs. OTD (or vice versa)?
-Tell me about a time you failed and how you were able to overcome.
-How do you handle stress?
-What is the biggest issue facing the field of OT currently?
-Is there a particular intervention/activity that stood out while you were completing your observation hours?
-Is there a particular patient that stood out while you were completing your observation hours?
-Where do you see yourself in the future?

These questions were immensely helpful with my interview at Salus U yesterday. Thanks! A couple more that I got, in addition to most of the ones that you listed...

-What is your most proud accomplishment?
-What kind of a student are you?

Reactions: 2 users
My supervisor at work told me to prepare to explain HOW you know OT is the career for you. Not just what it is and why!

Members don't see this ad :)
  • How well do you work in a group?
  • Has there been a time when you faced an ethical dilemma? If so, how did you handle it and would you change anything now?
  • Why do you think you're a good fit for this program?

What is something you've seen a clinician do, that you would have done differently?
- threw me for a loop, i never took an intro OT class so i didn't really know how to answer, or what they were looking for

What is your favorite book and why?
- probably a personality thing