Recent test takes advice please!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doc2b82

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
for those who have taken the Ck recently, how much of genetics or biochem or micro do you actually see on CK?

Does anyone feel like they had Step 1 type questions on these topics in their CK exam?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

for those who have taken the Ck recently, how much of genetics or biochem or micro do you actually see on CK?

Does anyone feel like they had Step 1 type questions on these topics in their CK exam?

Thanks
Just took my exam today and yup, I did rely on some of my Step 1 knowledge as well to do it. Some question were so weird like asking for pathophysiology of a certain diarrheal illness caused by a protozoa which after attempting to look up the answer, the best thing was "mechanism is unknown." It was the kind of question you'd expect on Step 1. And I swear they repeated a question for me because it was almost the exact same presentation and in the second question they added a picture. =/.

Had maybe 2-3 genetics questions, no glycogen storage diseases/mucopolysaccharidoses, lots of DM questions. And THANK GOD the drug ad questions were easy.