Recently Admitted to UCLA SoM and Would Love for SDN to Share Their Experiences There.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RealReplicant

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello SDNers!!!

So I just came off the UCLA waitlist as of yesterday and did not hesitate to accept the offer over UC Davis (even though I thought Davis was a very warm and nurturing environment and sad to see that go).

Anyway, as I was wait listed I never got to go to second look, I never go to meet the students, or spend much time with the faculty. I was amazed at my first impression of UCLA, the reason I chose it over Davis was due to the sheer freedom of opportunities allowed. There was this crazy ER doctor that came to talk to us before the MMI who had been up all night with his students and research and he talked about being a physician that thinks like a scientist and all the advances the UCLA campus had made in the medical realm. I'm not sure of the research I'd like to do (I'm leading toward neurology after having a great experience having my brain looked at on an MRI) but I just new UCLA would be a place that I could really explore.

I was wondering if the other students there shared this mentality and about their experiences there, and how friendly or warm they were toward one another. Although I like freedom with my time, I also want to feel like there is a supportive community.

Other than that I didn't really get to learn about the curriculum, or much else for as you know interview days seem to only last 5 minutes. So any memorable story or fact or anything you'd like to share I would unduly appreciate your contributions.

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats! I don't have time to write up the answer I want to give you just yet but after exams end next week I'll try to remember to come back here and tell you everything I love about UCLA. Long story short, I think you made a great choice :)

Reactions: 1 user