recipes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheLesPaul

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Mmm...roasted corn is soo good (and easy to make). I had a craving today, and I ended up making 6 corn-on-the-cobs with butter, olive oil, oregano, cayenne pepper, paprika, and black pepper. Sooo delicious, and cost me <$4 too. I am now burping corn flavored burps. I'm sure this will be a favorite once I hit the grind next year.

Any ideas on what you guys will cook once med school starts next year? What's quick and delicious?

Roasted Corn
1. cover corn with olive oil/oregano.
2. oven-roast at 350F for 30 mins, in husk.
3. remove husk, spice to taste, EAT!

Members don't see this ad.

Buttered noodles, macaroni and cheese, frozen dinners, soup, tuna casserole, salad, baked potatoes, 100 calorie pack chocolate graham goldfish snacks. That's pretty much what I lived on in undergrad, and it's what I'll live on in med school as well. Joy. I need to learn how to really cook. :(

Poached salmon is incredibly easy to make, very healthy and tasty.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm vegan, so I'll keep doing as I have been. I know it costs a little bit more for certain things, but health is not always cheap, and keeping healthy is worth the extra few bucks.

I'm vegan, so I'll keep doing as I have been. I know it costs a little bit more for certain things, but health is not always cheap, and keeping healthy is worth the extra few bucks.

I feel the same way. Fresh fruits, veggies, whole grains, etc. may cost more then ramen noodles and hot dogs, but I like to think about it as an investment for the future.

Current fav recipe: gazpacho salad
cucumber, bell peppers (green & red), onions, tomatoes, colby jack cheese- all diced into little cubes
Toss with white wine vinegar, olive oil, cumin, and dill
Sometimes I add black beans, corn, or avocado.

perfect on it's own or with homemade tortilla chips.

How do you make poached salmon? And what is poached, anyway? You guys are right...I don't want to eat out every day for lunch, and would rather have something healthy and satisfying for lunch than a kilogram of MSG (which may or may not be bad...).

How do you make poached salmon? And what is poached, anyway? You guys are right...I don't want to eat out every day for lunch, and would rather have something healthy and satisfying for lunch than a kilogram of MSG (which may or may not be bad...).

In that case I suggest you visit the frozen food aisle at your local grocery store.

Here's a recipe called Liquid Sunshine

2 Cucumbers

10 Stalks of Celery

1 Bunch Kale

1 Bunch Dandelion greens

1 Lemon

2 Green Apples

Handful of Collard greens

Few stalks of Parsley

Small knob Ginger

Option 1: Cut ingredients into small enough pieces to run through your juicer

Option 2: Fit ingredients into your high speed blender. Add 1 cup of water and blend for about 2 minutes. Pour through a nut milk bag or cheesecloth. Squeeze and drink the juice. Save the pulp for flax crackers or compost it.

Hope this is delicious, as I have tried it myself and personally love it! Let me know your thoughts!

Mmm...roasted corn is soo good (and easy to make). I had a craving today, and I ended up making 6 corn-on-the-cobs with butter, olive oil, oregano, cayenne pepper, paprika, and black pepper. Sooo delicious, and cost me <$4 too. I am now burping corn flavored burps. I'm sure this will be a favorite once I hit the grind next year.

Any ideas on what you guys will cook once med school starts next year? What's quick and delicious?

Roasted Corn
1. cover corn with olive oil/oregano.
2. oven-roast at 350F for 30 mins, in husk.
3. remove husk, spice to taste, EAT!

Try that on the BBQ grill. You can leave some of the husks on or take them off.