Reciprocating your license

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

provigil

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can some one tell me what is the difference between reciprocating your license and score tranfer?.

Do you still have to maintain your primary (original) license after reciprocating your license to another state?

Members don't see this ad.

Can some one tell me what is the difference between reciprocating your license and score tranfer?.

Do you still have to maintain your primary (original) license after reciprocating your license to another state?

I may be completely wrong here provigil because my state (CA) doesn't allow reciprocity. Nowdays...they do let you use your NAPBLEX score to qualify for that portion of the exam....so I assume thats what you mean by score transfer - taking the exam in Iowa say & using it for CA.

But, in CA, there is still the jurisprudence portion of the exam which is supposed to be very difficult. I haven't taken it. When I took the state board exam, it was one test which took two days to complete & covered all subjects.

As for mainting the orginal license - no I don't believe you must maintain the originial license when you reciprocate....but, there are others who have more familiarity with this since we don't allow it.

This is for Arkansas and reciprocity...we were told that we must (upon penalty of having to retake the NAPLEX) maintain our original license. For example, let' say that I get licensed in Arkansas and then in Texas. I will reciprocate to Texas. However, if I let my Arkansas license expire and decide that I wanted to practice in Arkansas at a later point, I would not be allowed to trade the Texas license for the Arkansas. I would have to sit for the NAPLEX again in Arkansas. This was specifically for Arkansas. The best thing to do is find out the requirements for the states you are interested in practising in.

Rxbound.... I know this is outside of the topic....How is Arkansas college of pharmacy....I am currently at UALR and I was considering it..even though I hate Arkansas....But the price of tuition is pretty appealing....Yet it scared me a bit on how low it actually was compared to other schools, like does that mean their facilities are not as good as others or what?