Recommend good online Biochem course

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bumpntrunk

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have done some research into taking biochemistry online and see UNE and UCLA have programs (I was leaning toward the UCLA program) but wanted to see if anyone else knew another program out there just so I know all the options available.

Members don't see this ad.

I did the UNE one and loved it. The professor was great. Be aware though that it did take a large time investment to do well.

Do dental schools accept this? I thought purely online courses were not acceptable. I took o-chem with online lectures but we had to take the exams on campus. I would love to be able to take biochem online, it's only offered 3 days a week in the middle of the day at my local university, tough for a working schedule.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do dental schools accept this? I thought purely online courses were not acceptable. I took o-chem with online lectures but we had to take the exams on campus. I would love to be able to take biochem online, it's only offered 3 days a week in the middle of the day at my local university, tough for a working schedule.
Depends on the school

I believe you must take a proctored final

Dental school biochem is very generalized - Boards review - so take the cheapest, most practical course for you.

I'm taking the UNE one right now. Only grade you receive in the class is the final itself. Just check with your respective school and they'll let you know if they accept it or not.