Recommended course vs. volunteer hours

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted600623

Hi all,

I have been volunteering for a free health clinic that I helped start last spring and plan to continue to volunteer until I apply to schools in a couple years. With that being said, my academic advisor recommended that I take an internship prep course for a required internship my senior year. The only time it is offered is during the time that we hold clinic. Should I take this course and sacrifice about 12-15 hours of volunteer time? (we only hold clinic once a week due to how new it is) Or screw the course and continue to volunteer. I have about 35 hours in this clinic because we can only sign up for 2 times a month (lots of volunteers).

Thanks for the help!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all,

I have been volunteering for a free health clinic that I helped start last spring and plan to continue to volunteer until I apply to schools in a couple years. With that being said, my academic advisor recommended that I take an internship prep course for a required internship my senior year. The only time it is offered is during the time that we hold clinic. Should I take this course and sacrifice about 12-15 hours of volunteer time? (we only hold clinic once a week due to how new it is) Or screw the course and continue to volunteer. I have about 35 hours in this clinic because we can only sign up for 2 times a month (lots of volunteers).

Thanks for the help!

The prep course is unnecessary, because it is only university recommended, which no one cares about in the long run. I'd continue with the volunteering as well as pursue other ECs.