Recommended papers at Massey?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tiger.cub

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

This is my first time posting, so sorry if it doesn't seem quite right!

I'm hoping to apply for vet at Massey university, but since I've already completed a degree (with honours!) in Biomedical Sciences, I don't have to take the Chemistry, Physics and Cell Biology pre-vet papers as they can be cross-credited from my degree. I do however have to take the animal biology paper, plus three more papers from the alternate papers lists, one of which has to be at 200 level.

I was just wondering if anyone has done something similar to this, and what papers they would recommend?

Thanks so much! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone,

This is my first time posting, so sorry if it doesn't seem quite right!

I'm hoping to apply for vet at Massey university, but since I've already completed a degree (with honours!) in Biomedical Sciences, I don't have to take the Chemistry, Physics and Cell Biology pre-vet papers as they can be cross-credited from my degree. I do however have to take the animal biology paper, plus three more papers from the alternate papers lists, one of which has to be at 200 level.

I was just wondering if anyone has done something similar to this, and what papers they would recommend?

Thanks so much! :)
pardon my ignorance, but what is a paper? like a course you have to complete? or a journal article you have to publish or read or such?

pardon my ignorance, but what is a paper? like a course you have to complete? or a journal article you have to publish or read or such?

Oh sorry, I guess a paper is the course you have to take - it consists of lectures, exams etc. i.e. it's the the actual coursework of the degree. Sorry, I don't know what else to call it!

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh sorry, I guess a paper is the course you have to take - it consists of lectures, exams etc. i.e. it's the the actual coursework of the degree. Sorry, I don't know what else to call it!
Just curious, but where are you from? I've never heard a pre-requisite referred to as a "paper" before. Your location might also help us give you suggestions.

If I'm understanding correctly, you're looking for institutions at which to take Massey's 'pre-requisites' (or, in your neck of the woods, 'papers'). Besides needing Animal Biology, what type of courses can you take for the alternate paper list? I looked around on the Massey website, but couldn't really find a list.

Here's the this of alternate papers

Attachments

• List of Alternative Paper Choices for Vet Selection - updated 112559711.pdf
    140.1 KB · Views: 54
Well, that is a bunch of mumbo-jumbo to me :unsure:. My suggestion is that you meet with an academic adviser to help you plan what courses to take. I'm sorry I can't be of much more help. It sounds like they just want you to take non-science courses (humanities and whatnot) like any other vet school, but you guys just have an entirely different vocabulary and numbering system over there!

I'm not sure that I've come across anyone who goes to Massey on here....anyone else?

Well, that is a bunch of mumbo-jumbo to me :unsure:. My suggestion is that you meet with an academic adviser to help you plan what courses to take. I'm sorry I can't be of much more help. It sounds like they just want you to take non-science courses (humanities and whatnot) like any other vet school, but you guys just have an entirely different vocabulary and numbering system over there!

I'm not sure that I've come across anyone who goes to Massey on here....anyone else?
No worries, thank you so much! :)