Recommended resources for OB/GYN interns

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OBOYEAH

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm about to start my intern year in OB/GYN in another month or two, and I was starting to think about what resources I should be thinking about getting for residency. I realize that many institutions and programs provide residents with some of the resources, so I'm mostly just asking what current/previous OB/GYN residents would recommend to use (not necessarily to purchase, yet).

So any suggestions of resources that made life easier whether it be apps to use in clinic or on the floor, websites or pocket references for easy, on-the-go learning, or formal, large resources like books for surgery or OB would be appreciated. I know some people have told me not to waste my money on big books the first year, so I'm curious as to what people suggest (other than ACOG practice guidelines).

Members don't see this ad.

Handbooks: John's Hopkins Manual of OB GYN

Textbooks: Williams or Gabbe for OB, Any Gynecology textbook (Williams or Comprehensive Gyn)

Surgical Guide: Baggish and Karram
Website: Academyofpelvicsurgery.com -Good videos on surgical procedures

CREOG material:
Prologs (all 5), Can supplement with PRECIS if you have the money (PRECIS is a bit superficial overall)
ACOG PRactice bulletins-Read at least 2-3 a week during your intern year. Only about 80 or so total, but a lot of information that is tested upon.