Recording Lectures for science classes

catman856

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know any good recording apps that have unlimited recording and playback?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Both of the android devices I've had came with a recording app that was good for recording lectures and listening to them whenever you wanted to.

Reactions: 1 user
If you have a computer, OneNote has recording capability for audio. I'm personally going to be testing it this coming semester, but in large lecture halls, even smaller classrooms, I'm sure the professor will be speaking loudly enough for the laptop microphone to pick up the voice.

recording lectures is pretty hard, especially if the prof or someone interupts while the lecture is going on:inpain:

I tried recording lectures. I felt like it didn't really help since the notes were good enough. If something wasn't on the notes, I would write it down. And if I felt like I missed something, the book was always available.

PSA for iPhone users reading this thread: Voice Memos (which comes pre-downloaded on the phone) is excellent at recording lectures! As with any recording device, sit closer to the front of the class for best sound quality.

Sorry, this doesn't help OP.

recording lectures is pretty hard, especially if the prof or someone interupts while the lecture is going on:inpain:
I have found that the worst thing about re-listening to lectures is the kid who is clueless and asks 12984982093 questions.
:boom::smack::nono::punch::rage::mad:

Reactions: 1 users
PSA for iPhone users reading this thread: Voice Memos (which comes pre-downloaded on the phone) is excellent at recording lectures! As with any recording device, sit closer to the front of the class for best sound quality.

Sorry, this doesn't help OP.
post below

I don't mind purchasing an iphone despite its price. Can PSA record lectures for a unlimited amount of time? can it also save different recordings throughout the day? for example lets say I have bio class at 8 and right after that is chemistry at 10 would it save the audio?

You are recording lectures in high school?
no I would like to record letures in college because i have a hard time paying attention to the lectures while taking notes at the same time

I use the inClass app on my iPad when I want to record a lecture and that'll do all you want and more. Allows unlimited, downloadable recordings, organized by class.
Dunno if there's an android version (not seeing a front page google result for one), but if you get an iPhone or an iPod, you could use it on that.

When I took orgo, I invested $40 into an actual recorder. The quality of recordings was on point :thumbup:
Too bad I'm not using it much now..

I have found that the worst thing about re-listening to lectures is the kid who is clueless and asks 12984982093 questions.
:boom::smack::nono::punch::rage::mad:

I affectionately refer to this person as the over-zelous question asker/answerer...there is one in every class....

As for lectures, big shout out to the profs that record their lectures and post them on Blackboard...skip class, watch lectures later on 1.5x whenever possible :thumbup:

Reactions: 1 users
When I took orgo, I invested $40 into an actual recorder. The quality of recordings was on point :thumbup:
Too bad I'm not using it much now..

Where did you get your recorder from, if i may ask? I will be taking orgo this coming semester.