Recovering from a bad semester

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GH253

Membership Revoked
Removed
Account on Hold
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So my current semester is not becoming of a med school candidate. My old nemesis, indecision, got the best of me and ruined my performance. I'm taking a P/F grade in chemistry to avoid getting a C, then repeating it next quarter. I may end up with a "C" in ethics but can't take it P/F. Math should be a B. I would just withdraw for the quarter, but then I would lose my registration priority and would not be able to get the courses I need for summer and fall. So I'm taking the lick, I guess. It's pretty demoralizing to have sabotaged myself like this. Anyone else ever done something similar and recovered?

Members don't see this ad.

You'll be fine. Just make straight A's from here on out. Please use the search feature. Good Luck!

So my current semester is not becoming of a med school candidate. My old nemesis, indecision, got the best of me and ruined my performance. I'm taking a P/F grade in chemistry to avoid getting a C, then repeating it next quarter. I may end up with a "C" in ethics but can't take it P/F. Math should be a B. I would just withdraw for the quarter, but then I would lose my registration priority and would not be able to get the courses I need for summer and fall. So I'm taking the lick, I guess. It's pretty demoralizing to have sabotaged myself like this. Anyone else ever done something similar and recovered?

There are many success stories out there from students who had a bad semester or two. It's not going to be easy, but you'll figure out what you need to do to motivate yourself to put in that extra work. Are you a freshman/sophomore/etc?