This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Can you say whether it's MD or DO?

MD and it accepts mostly in-state. I know it's not common but I figured several other schools would did this. They seem to like persistent people.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I have heard that UNMC is also kind to reapplicants who have made the suggested improvements to their app.

Members don't see this ad :)
Please remember that personal attacks are against the terms of service at SDN. Let's all be civil to each other and keep this thread on topic.

Reactions: 3 users
I'm going to guess TX, N or S Dakota maybe NM or AK or MS. Am I right?

No.

And to pre-med students maybe reading--make your application strong the first time is still the prevailing advice so don't let this anomaly fool you.

Reactions: 2 users
That's the inappropriate statement in question.

Your response to the person who simply wished to offer his/her opinion on the matter at hand came off seemingly rude/uncalled for. It was insulting even if you didn't intend for it and if you truly cannot fathom why it's offensive then you're missing a few lessons in basic social etiquette. This is public forum, EVERYONE'S opinion should be respected.

As someone with a grand total of 5 posts, respectfully excuse me for not believing you aren't a legitimate poster (ismet?). Nevertheless, when did someone being rude - [your opinion]) become a ban-able offense? Respectfully, of course.

Last edited:
No.

And to pre-med students maybe reading--make your application strong the first time is still the prevailing advice so don't let this anomaly fool you.

Absolutely. Even if you are lucky enough to get in on the second try, it's a mentally, emotionally, and financially draining process that you'll wish you had only had to go through once!

Reactions: 1 users
You're either lying or @@Ismet is even more ridiculous that I originally hypothesized. I apologize for assuming the former with no evidence. It could really be either.
Don't believe you. Why would @Ismet PM me then? Is (s)he really that ridiculous? It's hard to believe someone is that f-tarded.
Or someone else thought you were being rude and reported you. Or Ismet just thought you were rude.
Either way, believe what you want.

Edit: Sorry for the late post...I drafted this like 45min ago (or whatever time was shortly after the post I'm responding to, as you can see from the fact that I saw both versions), but then apparently it didn't post. Refreshed when I got back and it did. Oops. Didn't mean to revive things.

lol@ deriding someone for having few posts, though, when my post history clearly didn't count for anything!

UNMC?
No.

Freemontie was banned from this thread. Does anyone even care why? Does anyone care that sdn isn't a democracy i.e. Criticizing the opinions of any moderator (in this case ismet) can get you shut out?

Last edited:
Freemontie was banned from this thread. Does anyone even care why? Does anyone care that sdn isn't a democracy i.e. Criticizing the opinions of any moderator can get you shut out?
Hmmm...joined today, 1 post, username reflects the current situation. You're a tricky one, that's some deep cover.

SDN is not and never has been a democracy. Also, if it were, the majority opinion seems to be against you anyway.
Read the forum rules.

I care why, and I'm happy it happened. Can we move on beyond your personal BS yet?
I know, I'm sorry. I really didn't intend to start anything, not quite sure how that happened.

OP, it sounds like the military is an option, so I'm going to chyme in and tell my story.

I went to a great university but I wasn't ready for it. I graduated by the skin of my teeth with a 2.5 gpa. I got a job working in an office and I was bored and dissatisfied. So I altered the trajectory of my life and enlisted in the Marine Corps reserve; specifically, the infantry.

It was one of the best decisions of my life. They kicked my ass and it helped me get my head screwed on right. Two years later I went back to school to do my postbacc. I spent two and a half years at a state school, 4.0gpa, another bachelors, and high 90th percentile on the MCAT.

I know that without the Marines I would not have been capable of doing these things and getting into medical school. Motivation, self-discipline, and dedication did not come naturally to me until late in life. When it came time for admissions I had a narrative to tell, and luckily a few schools seemed to identify with that narrative. Right now it sounds like you have a narrative too, but one that isn't working in your favor.

I would do a lot of soul searching about the person you want to become, and then what it is going to take to become that person. Whatever you do, put your heart into it and do it well. Especially if you become a corpsman, because you might be responsible for some of my friend's lives one day.
Gross. Please leave the chyme in your tummy.

Reactions: 2 users
I was interested in mimelim's response because he's a very respected figure here. I have zero interest in what you think (I have no idea who you are....). It's very much possible his thoughts are exactly the same as yours-- but I'll wait.

P.S.- Next time realize that before you start annoying too many people

Wish you would take your own advice.