redrawing diagrams?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tdod

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, do you all think redrawing diagrams in order to label them is practical on the mcat, or would it waste too much time?

for example, if a circuit is drawn but not labelled with the resistance and voltage values, would you recommend redrawing and labelling the circuit or do you think that there is not enough time for such things?

Members don't see this ad.

i think it's a very good idea if it helps you grasp and understand the material better. you can always do it faster on the real thing. I do that stuff often times just as a sanity check, to make sure I don't make careless mistakes.

Hey, do you all think redrawing diagrams in order to label them is practical on the mcat, or would it waste too much time?

for example, if a circuit is drawn but not labelled with the resistance and voltage values, would you recommend redrawing and labelling the circuit or do you think that there is not enough time for such things?

I don't think it would be a waste of time. Better to spend an extra few seconds and get the questions right rather than spend a bunch of time trying to do a problem in your head and still get it wrong. Sometimes circuits can be drawn in a weird way making it hard to see what is in parallel/series, redrawing will help. Just don't go overboard with too much detail