refence book needed in pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rx201

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi

We are opening new phramacy in PA. Any body can guide me that which books are needed in pharmacy as reference? Any help will be highly appreciable.

Thanks
Regards

Members don't see this ad.

how on earth are you allowed to get a pharmacy license if you don't even know what you are legally required to have? I'd start with a copy of your states pharmacy law...

Hi

We are opening new phramacy in PA. Any body can guide me that which books are needed in pharmacy as reference? Any help will be highly appreciable.

Thanks
Regards

Hi can I teach at your school?

Members don't see this ad :)
how on earth are you allowed to get a pharmacy license if you don't even know what you are legally required to have? I'd start with a copy of your states pharmacy law...

A better question would be...

How the heck did you graduate from pharmacy school?
Surely you must have used at least 1 reference before graduation.
Must be one of the new school graduates.

do you even need physical reference books anymore? arent most of them online? like the red book and the orange book

do you even need physical reference books anymore? arent most of them online? like the red book and the orange book
I think the question was what books are required per law. As for NY:

"Pharmacies are no longer required to have one specific reference book, the United States Pharmacopoeia Dispensing Information. However, pharmacies must have copies of current laws, rules and regulations governing the practice of pharmacy in New York. Pharmacists must also have ready access to current references such as books, CD-ROM or other online resources."

So you no longer need to have any books.

If I was wrong and the other posters were right, well God help us all :scared:

Get an updated edition on your State pharmacy law is a must. Also, a physician reference desk if memory serves me right.