Menu Icon Search
Close Search

regarding GS- PS and VR passages/questions

Discussion in 'Gold Standard PreMed Headquarters' started by ddubi, 08.08.11.

1. ddubi

ddubi

SDN 2+ Year Member
    Hi,

I've done all the Kaplan FL tests, and some of the AAMC tests so far. Now, I've just finished GS-VR 1 through 4.

What I noticed was that for the PS sections, GS passages are relatively much shorter and easier than the kaplan and AAMC ones, and the questions are also relatively equation oriented(easier) and question stems are shorter and easier to read.

Also for the VR section, I noticed that GS passages are also relatively easier and there are many questions where I can get the answers straight from the passage almost word-by-word. The question stems were also shorter and simpler so it was easier to read. I thought the real AAMC VR question stems were longer and harder to read (because of their length and more complex sentence structure), and that they contain more of inference+assumption+more abstract questions.

my questions are:

1. Are there other people who feel the same way as I do?
    2. there's a post above saying real MCAT scores were 1~2 points higher than the GS scores. So does this mean AAMC VR is supposed to be easier than the GS VR?
    3. how is #2 possible if [I feel like] GS VR questions are much easier than the AAMC VR questions..?

I'd really appreciate some replies!

2. kehlsh

kehlsh Medic Commando

Medical Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    AAMC maybe not necessarily easier but can have relatively more lenient curve than GS?

I'm starting on these at the end of this week so I will let u know how I feel about them then =P

3. liveoak

liveoak

the GS PS section has more straigh forward passages, but their question can be difficult, albeit straighforward. AAMC question can be ridiculously easy, albeit convoluted.

It's weird.

// Share //

Style: SDN Universal