Menu Icon Search
Close Search

About the ads

Regis University School of Pharmacy

Discussion in 'Pharmacy School-Specific Discussions' started by imclarkent, 01.12.12.

1. Thanks to Crack the PCAT
  1. imclarkent

imclarkent

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    I got an email today for an interview invite. Anyone else?
  2. Jogbe001

Jogbe001 Pharmacy School Applicant

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    I got one last week, will probably attend, just hate its in the middle of February. what about yours?
  3. imclarkent

imclarkent

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    my interview is slated for Feb 10.. still thinking if I should attend or not. tuition is really expensive! plus I would still have to take philosophy and religious studies.
  4. Jogbe001

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    those are my exact concerns about the remaining concerns, i guess it will all depend how my interview at unv. at colorado goes tmr
  5. imclarkent

imclarkent

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    good luck on your interview tomorrow! CU Denver was my first interview and I really like the school.. i'm still waiting for a response though :rolleyes:
  6. Jogbe001

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Thanks, this school is on the top of my list, even though i am an out of stater. For yours, did they ask anything about the curriculum?
  7. imclarkent

imclarkent

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    nope.. i was really prepared in answering questions about their curriculum.. i guess i just used the information i knew about their curriculum in answering why did apply to CU Denver.
  8. Jogbe001

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    oh alrite thanks!

haha i see you also applied to ccp, how long did it take for them to give you acceptance after the interview?
  9. jrvanlie

jrvanlie

Pre-Pharmacy
    I got an interview invite as well. For Feb. 10
  10. imclarkent

imclarkent

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    my answer wouldn't matter anyways.. I see you got an acceptance to CCP.. congrats!
  11. Jogbe001

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    haha not yet, i got accepted to notre dame
  12. imclarkent

imclarkent

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    ohh my bad! lol it's hard to keep up with all of these threads! congrats to getting in at NDM!

I guess I still owe you an answer then lol. It took exactly 2 weeks to receive the CCP acceptance email. I wasn't really expecting an acceptance there, since it seemed like there were more applicants per interview day as opposed to the ones I've been to before (CU Denver and NDM). how'd your CU interview go?
  13. Jogbe001

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Thanks!

oh ok, guess i still have alot of time to wait and I agree there were alot more applicants than the other places. The interview wasnt too bad, just wasnt expecting alot of the situational questions, but I do love the campus. Its kind of weird though, during the presentation they said we could get an acceptance all throughout the 1st week of april, but I was talking to Beverly about a scholarship for CU that was due by early march and if I should apply since I probably wouldnt know if I got in by that time and she told me, we would hear something way before then, so idk?
  14. jrvanlie

jrvanlie

Pre-Pharmacy
    Do you guys know if this is the first interview date for Regis, this thread has been pretty dead until recently?! Thanks guys.
  15. imclarkent

imclarkent

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    possibly. PharmCAS says that they start interview in February and ends in May.
  16. jrvanlie

jrvanlie

Pre-Pharmacy
    OK cool. Thanks.
  17. imclarkent

imclarkent

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    just withdrew my application. good luck to everyone else applying.
  18. drew0010

drew0010

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    also got a interview..im on the edge about going..it seems like its a really expensive school. May I ask why anyone is thinking about going to this school?
  19. member0509

member0509

Pre-Pharmacy
    I also have an interview on February 10th! Tuition is definitely expensive, but the school is very prestigious.
  20. drew0010

drew0010

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    its difficult to read from their website. Would we be interviewing for the 3rd class?
  21. member0509

member0509

Pre-Pharmacy
    Yes, the 1st class to graduate is in 2013. So this is the 3rd incoming class.
  22. jessone

jessone

Pharmacy Student
    I got an interview for February 10th.
    Last edited: 01.26.12
  23. mletter

mletter It's all in the reflexes

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 7+ Year Member
    The class interviewing now will be the 4th class
  24. jrvanlie

jrvanlie

Pre-Pharmacy
    Interview today see you all there. Good Luck!
  25. cryspharm84

cryspharm84

Pre-Pharmacy
    I had to postpone my interview until March 30th which seems so far from now. Any insight on the interview process at Regis??
  26. psychgirl2311

psychgirl2311

I have my interview on March 15. How did everybody's 2/10 interview go??
  27. jessone

jessone

Pharmacy Student
    :
    The interview was very interesting. It takes most of the day. You will be divided into groups. Then depending on your order you will have a tour, have your MMI (mini multi interviews), and you will have your writing essay. You will enjoy lunch and get to learn about Regis. You will also get to do a team-based learning exercise. My husband got to go with me and he enjoyed it. My best advice for the interviews is to be yourself. :)

Good Luck!!!

University of Colorado-Accepted
    Regis University-Interviewed 2/10/2012
    Creighton University-waiting
  28. jessone

jessone

Pharmacy Student
    Hi everybody,

I got my acceptance email/letter today. I just wanted to see how many other people got in.

Best of luck everyone.

University of Colorado-Accepted
    Regis University-Accepted
    Creighton University-Declined
  29. cryspharm84

cryspharm84

Pre-Pharmacy
    Congrats again!! LOL, nothing in my email today :( Do you know if the interviewers at Regis read your application prior to the interview?? That's one thing I didn't know about CU until they told us that morning. I had a few things planned to answer in a certain way that I had to change because they didn't have any background on my situation. Just curious.
  30. jessone

jessone

Pharmacy Student
    I do not think that the interviewers read the application before. However, I can't remember for sure.
  31. luckyclover13

luckyclover13

Pre-Pharmacy
    Good Evening Everyone,

I'm excited to be interviewing with Regis this month and I was wondering if any of the current students had any advice to prepare for this process. I've skimmed through all the threads and I feel confident knowing that the university takes the personality and passion of the candidate highly into consideration. I'm also curious to know more about the Jesuit tradition and customs instilled through the college. I am a Catholic myself, however I am not very familiar with Jesuit practices.

God Bless and Best of Luck
  32. psychgirl2311

psychgirl2311

Just gave up my interview spot for the 15th. But I would suggest scouring their website and emailing Andrea if you have questions about the Jesuit tradition. I'm sure they would be happy to answer questions like that at the interview too. Students and faculty usually like it when you show interest in the school like that and have lots of questions that can't be answered through research alone. Shows initiative and true passion for their institution
  33. luckyclover13

luckyclover13

Pre-Pharmacy
    Thank you for your advice! I'll be sure to continue researching their website and learning the Jesuit traditions.

God Bless and Best of Luck
  34. jessone

jessone

Pharmacy Student
    That is what I would suggest. Keep looking at the website. I agree if you have any questions email Andrea. She is wonderful and very helpful. For the actual interview part just be yourself. Answer the questions based on your values and how you feel. Do not try and answer them the way you think they want you to answer. Good Luck!

35. 2117

Last edited: 04.11.12
  36. wsbkp08

wsbkp08

Pre-Pharmacy
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    I have an interview on 3/30. Anyone has interview on that date?
    How was the school? did you guys liked it?
  37. pharmDenver

pharmDenver

Don't go to this place. It might look nice, but they just put you in glorified trailers and take your money to build everything but a real class building. And good luck with all of their teeny-bopper faculty. They are all so young, meaning they have relatively no experience. How could you be a teacher or expert if you just finished your residency? And all of their current students looked like they were really stressed out and not happy with the program at all.
  38. Stig Pharm

Stig Pharm

Pre-Pharmacy
    My first ever interview at a pharmacy school was at Regis, which was 2 years ago. It's hard to believe they still use bungalows.
    Last edited: 03.20.12
  39. 2117

Last edited: 04.11.12
  40. pharmDenver

pharmDenver

I just don't understand how a place can cost so much and still not even have a building of their own. And TBL sounds like a nightmare. The impression that I got from talking to people was that with TBL there is a quiz nearly every day and constant pressure. And that the quizzes were more like exams. People also told me that they send you materials to study before classes even start and even during spring break, and then there are quizzes on the first day of class and as soon as you return from any break.
  41. keepinitfreshx9

keepinitfreshx9

Pre-Pharmacy
    I really hope I get accepted here. 8 more days!
  42. 808style

808style Pharmacy Student

Pre-Pharmacy
    Regardless of your choice, it would really be to your disadvantage to count out Regis as one of your options. The "teeny-bopper" faculty you speak of are qualified professionals who ultimately prepare the students to be competitive professionals just like any other institution would. The majority of preceptors in CO currently prefer Regis students over CU students (in both community and hospital settings). Although TBL may seem foriegn and ineffective, it does prepare you for real-world situations where you will be put into a TEAM of healthcare professionals. I won't lie, it is a fast-paced program, but as a pharmacy student candidate, you've definately come far enough to understand what kind of commitment is required to succeed in higher academics.
  43. 808style

Pre-Pharmacy
    Although you will be in a team and work with them daily, you still must perform on an individual level. I have yet to have a situation where my team actually hurt my course grade, and doubt that I will ever encounter that. TBL is definately not for everyone. I took part in this past interview process and found that the majority of students were worried about making the adjustment. Coming from a lecture-based university myself, I can honestly tell you now, that I would NEVER go back to it again. We have had a few courses that are individual and lecture-based (law, u.s. heathcare) so far, and now I actually look forward to the TBL classes instead.
  44. kmn912

kmn912

SDN 2+ Year Member
    Curious as to why you feel that Colorado preceptors prefer Regis over CU...That's a pretty big claim.
  45. 808style

Pre-Pharmacy
    It is a bold statement, for sure! The preceptors that I've had and also the ones that my classmates have had, all have expressed how Regis students seem more "prepared" when entering a new site. I would venture to say that TBL plays a large part in that preparation. We also have a unique IPPE schedule, in that we are placed at a sight straightaway. As a P1, you are required to log 70+ hours, and this quota continues till your P3 year (eventually fulfilling your hours needed). From what I understand, IPPEs are handled differently at other universities, and are usually completed in the latter portion of your pharmacy education. CU students will spend one maybe two hours at a site. Regis students will stay at a site for 3+ hours. My current preceptor, who is a pharmacy manager at a chain pharmacy, supervises a CU student and myself. She prefers to train and spend valuable time with me because I am there for 3.5 hours, whereas she instructs the CU student to just follow her around for the hour that she is there. I am just a P1, and I'm not sure whether or not she is pulling my leg, but she openly states she prefers my time there over the CU student, who is a P3. As a pharmacy manager, who would you invest your time in?
  46. kmn912

kmn912

SDN 2+ Year Member
    Hmm...well at CU we will also start our IPPEs in the very first semester and the visits are 3 hours as well. From what I've heard as well, the site hours might be much less but that is strictly due to the discretion of the preceptor (and does not show that CU students don't have as much dedication as those at Regis). Every preceptor will have their preference in people, but I don't think that necessarily means that they don't want to invest their time in CU students. CU was the only school in Colorado for 100 years and I think that the school has an established reputation with preceptors.
  47. 808style

Pre-Pharmacy
    Never will I question the dedication or reputation of any school or student, and I am not attempting to contend with any other program. I am offering my personal insights here. Preceptors are entitled to their opinions, and what you state is true. I am simply attempting to offer these potential students insight that hopefully will be benficial to them. If in fact they choose to attend school in CO (which I HIGHLY suggest) they are offered two options. A traditional, reputable and well-established program, or a new dynamic program. Again, forgive me if I am coming across the wrong way, that was never my intention.
  48. pharmDenver

pharmDenver

If you just finished your residency within the last 2 years and have barely practiced, if at all, you arenot an expert. That's a fact, my friend.
  49. pharmDenver

pharmDenver

This was not the case until this year. The 2 classes ahead at Regis have had a far more extensive IPPE experience than CU. In the past at CU, they were only required to do site visits that may have been as low as 6 hours at certain places.
  50. keepinitfreshx9

keepinitfreshx9

Pre-Pharmacy
    I hope this coming up week is a good one!!!

// Share //

Style: SDN Universal