Regis University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yay arri!! Congrats! I told you you'd get in! :) Do you think you will be attending?
And keithnguyen1104 don't give up! They should still be calling people I believe for a few days.
They are going to call everyone or they just call students who get accepted?

Members don't see this ad.

Don't worry!!! I know some ppl who got a call yesterday and I was down bc I didn't get a call. It takes time calling everyone. Did you get a post card? But don't fret!! Just be patient until the 20th. The anticipation sucks (I know) but just stay positive!!:)

And I think they'll call only the students who were accepted but will notify EVERYONE by email. They give the "unofficial" acceptance over the phone. The email still hasn't been sent (at least I didn't get one yet)

Members don't see this ad :)
Yay arri!! Congrats! I told you you'd get in! :) Do you think you will be attending?
And keithnguyen1104 don't give up! They should still be calling people I believe for a few days.
Awwwwww thanks!!!!!! I was sooooo happy!!! Lol I think I'm for sure going to give them my deposit!! You?

Don't worry!!! I know some ppl who got a call yesterday and I was down bc I didn't get a call. It takes time calling everyone. Did you get a post card? But don't fret!! Just be patient until the 20th. The anticipation sucks (I know) but just stay positive!!:)
I got the post card couple days ago, what did that mean? Hopefully I will hear something back from them

Awwwwww thanks!!!!!! I was sooooo happy!!! Lol I think I'm for sure going to give them my deposit!! You?
I think I will most likely give a deposit as well. All my other interviews are in January so I don't know how the verdict for them will be. I wish we had more time before we give the deposit, I would have liked to visit the other schools to confirm that Regis is the top choice for me. Nevertheless, I'm still stoked about getting accepted!

I got the post card couple days ago, what did that mean? Hopefully I will hear something back from them
I think that's a good thing!! Unless they send the post card to everyone? Everyone that I've spoken to has gotten accepted (about 5 ppl) and they all also received a post card. Idk anyone who hasn't, so idk if they also got one. Wish you the best of luck though!!

I think I will most likely give a deposit as well. All my other interviews are in January so I don't know how the verdict for them will be. I wish we had more time before we give the deposit, I would have liked to visit the other schools to confirm that Regis is the top choice for me. Nevertheless, I'm still stoked about getting accepted!
Congrats on your other interviews!! Luckily their deposit is only 500. Other schools are in the 1000's. At this point, money is no object though lol

Congrats on your other interviews!! Luckily their deposit is only 500. Other schools are in the 1000's. At this point, money is no object though lol
Haha yeah, you've got a point there. :)

I was accepted to Regis a few weeks ago and put down my deposit, sooo excited!! Does anyone have any suggestions on nice, safe places to live around campus?

I interviewed on Dec 6th and got put on the waiting list. Im trying to look at this as a positive thing

I have an interview here on Friday (17th), any tips or guidance would be appreciated? I know you can't tell any specifics but how did the interviews go? Pretty easy going and casual conversation like?

Members don't see this ad :)
I have an interview here on Friday (17th), any tips or guidance would be appreciated? I know you can't tell any specifics but how did the interviews go? Pretty easy going and casual conversation like?
It was very calm they just want to get to know you. Even if you are nervous they give you 2 minutes to think of a reply. Be yourself and you'll do great!

It was very calm they just want to get to know you. Even if you are nervous they give you 2 minutes to think of a reply. Be yourself and you'll do great!

thanks for the reply. Is the eight minutes more conversational, or are you expected to kind of give an eight minute speech?

thanks for the reply. Is the eight minutes more conversational, or are you expected to kind of give an eight minute speech?
Definitely not! Just speak whatever you want to say, and I think you only have like 2 or so minutes to reply. They time it. I don't think I spoke the whole 2 minutes either.

It's 2 minutes of you by yourself, then 8 minutes of your thoughts on the situation, and you both speak about it. They advise you NOT to speak the whole 8 minutes, they prefer you to speak more like a conversation, they'll have follow up questions also. Try not to ramble, get straight to the point, the 8 minutes goes pretty fast!!

It's 2 minutes of you by yourself, then 8 minutes of your thoughts on the situation, and you both speak about it. They advise you NOT to speak the whole 8 minutes, they prefer you to speak more like a conversation, they'll have follow up questions also. Try not to ramble, get straight to the point, the 8 minutes goes pretty fast!!
Woops, what arri said, she was interviewing the same day as me! I thought it was only 2 minutes, it definitely went by fast. Arri, have you gotten any other interviews aside from Regis? I haven't spoken to you in a while!

Arri and Elly,
Are either of you attending Regis in the fall? I have another interview here in FL but it's only a backup if something goes wrong with my funding. Hoping to get some insight on where to look for housing? I plan to move out there in the beginning of June.

Arri and Elly,
Are either of you attending Regis in the fall? I have another interview here in FL but it's only a backup if something goes wrong with my funding. Hoping to get some insight on where to look for housing? I plan to move out there in the beginning of June.
If I don't get accepted in California, then Regis is where I'll be headed:) Idk where id live though :/ I tried looking for apartments near campus but don't really know where is the safest.

If I don't get accepted in California, then Regis is where I'll be headed:) Idk where id live though :/ I tried looking for apartments near campus but don't really know where is the safest.
I'm in the same boat housing wise. I would hate to move into a neighborhood with a high crime rate by accident. But I definitely want to stay within 15 minutes from campus.

i submitted my app early january and havent heard back from them yet... is anyone else still waiting on an interview?? jw if its too late lol

i was put on the waiting list in early January, haven't heard anything back yet

I'm in the same boat housing wise. I would hate to move into a neighborhood with a high crime rate by accident. But I definitely want to stay within 15 minutes from campus.
I don't know if you guys decided to go here but I will be and I'm from the area so if you need help with housing let me know

I don't know if you guys decided to go here but I will be and I'm from the area so if you need help with housing let me know
Yes please! I am moving there June 1st and have no idea what neighborhoods are safe or not. Do you have any recommendations?! Thank you!

Yes please! I am moving there June 1st and have no idea what neighborhoods are safe or not. Do you have any recommendations?! Thank you!
Stay away from Commerce City/Greenwood village and Denver itself can have some really over priced crappy places. Your best bet is to look anywhere outside of Denver itself. I've found some great priced places that are really nice in Thornton, it's north of Denver, it is about a 10-20 minute drive to Regis. There are some nice neighbor hoods in the very south of Denver itself but they are 20+ minutes from campus, they have access to the light rail though which is great for getting to downtown. I would just search rental sites and be cautious of north Denver itself, but other than that and commerce city/Greenwood village you should be alright. If you do find some places you like but are worried about let me know and I can try and tell you what I do know.

As a recent registered pharmacist in state of colorado and attainted the doctor of pharmacy from regis university it is my duty to make aware of the innocent applicants of this very hypocrite and very cheat university

Top 10 reasons you should never consider this university for any higher education

10.No parking on campus. With increasing population of students the university still increases the tuition but does not accommodate for parking for any students. Especially the pharm d student that will incur about $200k of loan or money per student to the greedy university. University still doesnt care about the parking and in reality never will because it will cost money.

1. Low rention of pharmacy practice professors. To this date atleast 50% of the professors have left this institution after working for it less than a year, not to mention the student dean who left the school of pharmacy in 7 months after been in the position. Mind that all these positions were voluntary resignation. The last dean of pharmay left due to greed to allow professors to be hired under the proposition that they will bring grant money to the univerity irrespective of their teaching abilities or qualifications. Dr.Goldwire is the name of the professor that was hired without the consent of the dean and dean resigned due to the insult
  1. The low job market of denver metro area and the profession as a whole. Does it make sense to rack up 200k of loans to study the material by yourself and still pay

1. Failed TBL. I beared the TBL learning for 4 years but it is failed learning. Honestly I learned more from RX prep than the 4 years I spent in this school. It does not have retention ability if at all it adds pressure to the students to learn the material by themselves and if they are not able to they are kicked out.
  1. Experitial education department. It talks about professionalism but it itself is found in bars being trashed hopeless and hypocrite. I myself had a talk with a professor about this double standards. If it is OEE in airplane not representing the health care profession or it is OEE who roots for students to fail to makes them feel incompentent to collect more money in APPEs (LAST YEAR ROTATIONS). Greedy and yet very hypocrite
    1. Bogus courses in 3 year of pharmacy school. Imagine paying $4000 for faith and traditions and ethics courses. Even though this univeristy claims not to enforce catholic traditions it indirectly, from the white court ceremony, to faith and traditions to ethics and to graduations to the very graduation certificate it is evident it is not the case. It is obvious that one neeeds to be catholic or atleast be under one to be successful if not be face or presented with reality that all that glitters is not gold saying
  1. Lack of experitial sites. University has little or no connections with the outside world, especially the retail sector. Be ready to be their slave when it comes to going anywhere to work for free

3. High cost of attendence. You will atlease rack up 150-200k in loans with highly saturated colorado market for pharmacists. No jobs for recent grads in colorado even in remote area. Only prn or on call jobs for agencies. False hope and unrealistic expectation from the university just to act as a diploma mills and make money from students

2. High amount of students did not pass the CPJE on 2013, and 2014. School scores below average in NAPLEX score nationwide (I know the data if from 2 years) but really out 150 students only the students that chose to report the score are in the data hence it does not contain entire school data.Says a lot about the preparation they did to teach students. But again as I said there is no teaching, you get the packet you learn and they quiz you. Simply put you pay for a packet which eventually is copied from DIPRIO anyways

1. Racism, favorism and no uniformity in policys. Simply put if your a minority and not a kiss ass you will have it tough then others. It is worse for African Americans. In a nutshell, dont get impressed by interview lunch or fancy speeches- TBL is fail and student data proves it. Additionally it is one university and the only university that has it and will have it in US. This university symbolizes an institution that is greedy, wants to push out new grads, saturate the market, put students in 200k debt and at the end turn their back from you. Not to mention if you fall they will make sure you fall so that they can make money out of you. Only cura personalis this university has is getting money and money from anywhere by creating or hiding or turning a blind eye to any policy. Runs as a monarchy and has no checks or balances. Dean does not know OEE policies or doesnt interfere, Pharmacy pratice does not care about anything and the situation is going to be turn worse as this univerisity has attainted accredidation
There is not 1 logical reason to attend this university. I was desparate to get in anywhere and I had to bear all this. If you are like me then by all means attend and bear if you are not dont put yourself in this corrupt and inhumane institution