Regis vs. St. Augustine (San Marcos)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NWnative

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I’m stuck. I have been fortunate enough to gain acceptance to both St. Augustine’s May 2011 class and Regis. I’ve made countless lists comparing the pros and cons and financially they’re basically equal in the end. I know I’d be done sooner (Sep ’13 vs May ’14) at St. Augustine but I think I might like the Denver environment better.

Long story short, if there are any current or recent grads of either program that could give a little more information on their experience, what they liked or don’t like about the program it would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks a ton!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, I don't know how much help I will be since I myself will be starting DPT school in August but I know people that went to St. Augustine and ended up leaving the program to go somewhere else. I also have several classmates from undergraduate that went to Regis and absolutely loved it. I'm not sure what the tuition comparison is as I have not looked at the two together but from what I remember St. Augustine is crazy expensive. Hope this helps. Good luck either way!!

Hey, I don't know how much help I will be since I myself will be starting DPT school in August but I know people that went to St. Augustine and ended up leaving the program to go somewhere else. I also have several classmates from undergraduate that went to Regis and absolutely loved it. I'm not sure what the tuition comparison is as I have not looked at the two together but from what I remember St. Augustine is crazy expensive. Hope this helps. Good luck either way!!

Do you know why people left the St. Augustine program?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi All,

I am a Regis DPT graduate of 2008. I am saying this with obvious bias; however, I would strongly recommend Regis' DPT program. I cannot say enough positive things about Regis and how the curriculum prepared me for real-world PT. Having had friends from undergraduate go elsewhere for PT school and then comparing curriculum and experiences, I will say that Regis' program requires a lot more than some other programs. Regis is a tough program but the professors and clinical faculty are top-notch. You will not be sorry. It is a private school but I would say do not look at the student loan debt you will have; there are options and you can live very well depsite student loans.
I will say that St. Augustine was my second option; however, I chose Regis because I am Denver native and love the recreation opportunities no matter the season. Also, I am pursuing a certification through St. Augustine that is top-notch and very valuable.
You cannot go wrong. Graduate school is what you make of it. Work hard and enjoy the fruits of your labor when you graduate. PM me if you want any more info. Best of luck!

Sheldon,
as a Regis Grad did you finish school with a 6 figure debt, and if so have you been able to comfortably manage it?

Also stands out to you as making Regis worth it?

RUNFREE,

I did not graduate from Regis with a six-figure debt but it was substantial enough. I had the opportunity and luck to be able to live with my parents while I was at Regiss, which helped a lot.

I have been able to mange the student debt well enough. There are employers who offer benefits including student-loan payback; you have to seek them out and they are often in rural areas. Also, there are options for loan re-payment that your lender can offer based on your situation.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to PM me. I hope I can help with advice and real-world experiences.