Register for MCAT - only 2 months in advance? :O

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted158872

Now you can register for the MCAT ONLY 2 months in advance? :bear: I went on the registration site and the latest test date it allows me to register is June 20 o_O

Members don't see this ad.

i don't know what's wrong OR WHETHER LATER MCAT DATES ARE ALL TAKEN (which is unlikely the case), but the latest date the system shows me is June 20 for me to register o_O

Members don't see this ad :)
The only problem is they are full for my state. I guess I have to keep checking them regularly.

there's no seat left in my state for those dates! really! why can't I register further than that?

23k9oco.png

Unfortunately the seats get taken up as soon as it opens up because students want to take the test early as possible for the upcoming cycle. There are only certain amount of seats per testing center per certain region of the country.

Your best chance is to keep checking them regularly everyday throughout the day. Have your laptop with you everywhere you go and just randomly check for seats. I assuming many students register for the May and June test thinking they will be ready by then, then they realize school work, job, volunteering obligation, etc...gets in the way of their studying and end up dropping because they are not ready to take it. You just have to be lucky enough to be there to grab the seat.

It's not impossible to grab a seat for May and June because people I know have been able to register near the test date as seats open up when people drop.

how ironic! They create MORE MCAT test dates with the new MCAT, but restrict registration time!
back then, i could register for 6 months in advance...