Registered for August MCAT but decided not to take it...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medmom

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I registered to retake my 22P MCAT score in August, I know it sucks. However, I have not studied enough and I know I am not ready enough to actually improve significantly. However, I already submitted my AACOMAS and am filling out secondaries. So, how do I tell schools that I am NOT retaking the MCAT afterall? My stats suck and I proabably won't get in anywhere but I know that and am ready to reapply next year.

Members don't see this ad.

medmom said:
I registered to retake my 22P MCAT score in August, I know it sucks. However, I have not studied enough and I know I am not ready enough to actually improve significantly. However, I already submitted my AACOMAS and am filling out secondaries. So, how do I tell schools that I am NOT retaking the MCAT afterall? My stats suck and I proabably won't get in anywhere but I know that and am ready to reapply next year.

first of all, dont give up the ghost so quickly..you still might get in somewhere if the rest of your app. looks good.

You can simply send a letter to the schools you applied to and they will update your file which has been created for you already if you are receiving secondaries.

medmom said:

Wow, thank goodness for this post. :love: I am in the same boat..I decided last nite that I wasn't going to retake for fear of not performing well in August.

At least you allready got some secondaries..good luck :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
exigente chica said:
Wow, thank goodness for this post. :love: I am in the same boat..I decided last nite that I wasn't going to retake for fear of not performing well in August.

At least you allready got some secondaries..good luck :thumbup:
good luck.......how are your stats otherwise?

LINYKid said:
good luck.......how are your stats otherwise?

Besides my MCAT score..I think good. :thumbup: My gpa is average, my ec's are great..just finishing up my PS and getting my LOR's in..

thanx

Exigente :luck:

my GPA's aren't great either. Science 3.18, overall 3.10. However, my last three semesters have been 3.66, 3.63 and 3.45 respectively. My EC's are all pretty unique and good (breast milk donor). LOR's should be good,one of my writers said his letter would drown any dought anyone could have! I already got secondaries for KCOM, LECOM, MSUCOM and AZCOM which I have returned except MSUCOM which I am working on, I haven't heard from DMU or WVSOM and UNE sent me the "we're reviewing" letter. So, I am just going to finish the cycle and hopefully have some luck but I know that I am not ready to retake the MCAT. If I am going to retake the MCAT I need to be sure that I am going to have a significant improvement.

medmom said:
my GPA's aren't great either. Science 3.18, overall 3.10. However, my last three semesters have been 3.66, 3.63 and 3.45 respectively. My EC's are all pretty unique and good (breast milk donor). LOR's should be good,one of my writers said his letter would drown any dought anyone could have! I already got secondaries for KCOM, LECOM, MSUCOM and AZCOM which I have returned except MSUCOM which I am working on, I haven't heard from DMU or WVSOM and UNE sent me the "we're reviewing" letter. So, I am just going to finish the cycle and hopefully have some luck but I know that I am not ready to retake the MCAT. If I am going to retake the MCAT I need to be sure that I am going to have a significant improvement.

I'm in the same boat, as well. I did not want to study this summer so I got a refund for the MCAT. I have a 3.53 science gpa and a 3.85 nonscience gpa. Overall I have a 3.68. Sooo, I too am hoping I get in somewhere this year. I've gotten 2 secondaries so far...I'll have to wait and see what happens!

BradenDO said:
I'm in the same boat, as well. I did not want to study this summer so I got a refund for the MCAT. I have a 3.53 science gpa and a 3.85 nonscience gpa. Overall I have a 3.68. Sooo, I too am hoping I get in somewhere this year. I've gotten 2 secondaries so far...I'll have to wait and see what happens!
Good luck :luck:

i think you guys have pretty nice applications. and there is no point taking the mcat if you get the same score again, or lower! good luck!
definitely do call the people you are sending secondaries to, to update them. so that you can be reviewed asap!
good luck guys.