Registering for the Radbio and Physics Board exams

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Irradi8or

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I haven't heard anything yet from the ABR regarding the sign-up process for the Radbio and Physics Board exams that will happen in July 2015. Does anyone remember what the process is like for getting the registration info? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Pretty simple. They send you an email and tell you to go register with a PearsonVUE center near you.

Haven't heard anything about clinical writtens yet either. It would be nice to at least know the date.

Members don't see this ad :)
Presumably you know this now, but the invitation emails were sent out (at least, I got one). Basic science July 16, clinical July 17.

It says July 16-17 because its considered one test. Rad bio/Phys July 16, Clinical July 17. I can't remember when I received my snail mail notification, but looking at past emails, I registered on ~May 15th with PearsonVue both years. You can always call/email the ABR directly, they have always been somewhat helpful when answering my questions in the past.

I called ABR yesterday after RadOncinCanada's message. ABR says they mailed out invitations via snail mail yesterday so if we havent received the invite by May 12th, re-contact them and they'll then send my e-mail (backwards system). It's possible that the Canadian Rad Onc received his/her invite due to him/her not being domestic, and there being an alternative policy for contacting them via email, etc...

I actually wrote the Radbio/Physics last year, so possibly I was contacted via email because I was already in the system. I know that clinical written is on the 17th because that's the only exam I need to write this year and it is on the 17th, so the basic science must be on the 16th.