regrets?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

abcxyz0123

Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I searched to see if a similar topic was posted here before, but I couldn't find any, so i was just wondering: Do any neurosurgery residents or attendings on this board regret their decision?

Members don't see this ad.

seth03 said:
I searched to see if a similar topic was posted here before, but I couldn't find any, so i was just wondering: Do any neurosurgery residents or attendings on this board regret their decision?

Check this out: http://www.smbs.buffalo.edu/RESIDENT/CareerCounseling/pdf/Neurological_Surgery.pdf

One of the survey questions was, "Would you choose this specialty again?" 89.66% said yes, 3.45% said no, and 6.9 were undecided. Pretty solid...I think OB was like 55%, Derm was ~96%...

Members don't see this ad :)
i agree. nonetheless, those survey's (they have them for virtually every field) are a great resource and bring to light considerations many may not think of all that much. there are larger samples for other fields

pinkwank said:
i don't think a survey of 29 people accurately reflects overall satisfaction within a speciality.

ok, but until 29 practicing neurosurgeons come on here and reply, I think it's the best answer :rolleyes: