Regulatory Affairs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yungnaira

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just a quick question for those Pharm.Ds practicing regulatory affairs. What is the best way to make some type of headway in this career field as a student.

I'm currently a P2 student and my university doesn't offer a Masters or certificate in Regulatory affairs.

It just seems like more of a mystery. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

A lot of them are current or former Board of Pharmacy members. Some are attorneys. Some just move over internally from other corporate positions.

The FDA has an (unpaid) internship for Regulatory Affairs. That's an option. There are also opportunities in industry for internships.

Do you know students at your school who have done regulatory affairs-type rotations? Do they have contacts that'll let you shadow? Do you have faculty members who have a background in that field? If so, could you talk to them about opportunities? Do you have faculty with industry connections? There are some industry regulatory affairs intern positions that they might be able to hook you up with.

Members don't see this ad :)
I did a regulatory affairs rotation my P4 year (though it was on the promotional side). Some pharmaceutical companies also offer reg. affairs fellowships. My rotation was pretty boring, so know what you're getting into before you decide to go that way.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks for all the responses. Much Appreciated!!