Rejected, Accepted, Waitlisted: The R.A.W. Data Fall 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was either rejected or waitlisted from BU. If waitlisted, I'm going to be turning down the spot.

Members don't see this ad.

I was also rejected from BU, but I really didn't want to go there, so not the least bit upset. I thought that I was the only person waiting for Mount Sinai, so I'm glad to see someone else waiting. Good luck TIRTH1987!

Finally heard back from Hopkins today. I'm in and will be attending. The final score:

Accepted: Emory (Epi MPH), UT Houston (Epi MS), Berkeley (Epi MPH), Johns Hopkins (ID Epi MHS)

Rejected: UNC (Epi PhD)

Attending: Hopkins

On the one hand, I'm excited and relieved that all of this waiting is over. On the other--holy ****, everything in my life about to change.

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted: Buffalo, Albany

Withdrew: Amherst

All programs are an MPH in Community Health and Health Behavior. UB was my top choice and I was accepted there within a week. Since Amherst is my third choice, for financial and geographic reasons, I decided to withdraw that application. UB is definitely the best choice for me, and now I've enrolled.

Heard back on all my applications, so I wanted to post a final tally. Thanks for all the info sharing, everyone, it was a huge help to this process. Good luck!

UGPA: 2.92
Major/Minor: Physiology
GRE: 162V, 158Q, 4.0W
Experience/Research (please, be brief): undergrad study/volunteer abroad in South Africa HIV orphan center, 6 months with Michigan state health department assisting on a cancer genetics study, 2 years Peace Corps Botswana as a health volunteer with an HIV-focused assignment

Applied: Columbia, Michigan, Emory, Yale, GWU, NYU (Wagner) - all for Health Policy and Management - submitted to SOPHAS 12/20, verified 1/24, mailed 1/30
Accepted: Emory (2/13), GWU (2/15), Michigan Environmental Health (2/22), NYU (3/8), Yale (3/21)
Rejected: Michigan HPM (2/18), Columbia (3/11)

UGPA: 3.26
Major/Minor: Biology
GradGPA (if applicable): N/A
Grad Studies (if applicable): N/A
GRE (including date taken) or Other Test (if applicable): 159V 158Q 3.5W
Experience/Research (please, be brief): (very limited) I've only been out of highschool for 2 yrs. :shrug: 1 year of Genetics and Cancer Biology Research at Georgia Tech. 1 semester volunteer at Grady Hospital. 1 semester with Atlanta Medical Center.

Applied: //it took SOPHAS about a month after e-submitting my app to finalize it// UAB (Epi 3/13), UGA (Epi 3/13), UPitt (Epi 3/13), USF (Epi/BioStats 3/13), SDSU (Epi 3/13), and Emory (Epi 3/13)
Accepted: UAB (Epi 3/22), Emory (Epi 3/26), UGA (Epi 4/1), SDSU (4/3), USF (4/10)
Rejected:
Waitlisted:

I was a little nervous about my decision to pursue an MPH for financial and personal reasons, which is why I applied so late. Now I've got my fingers crossed because I'm pretty committed to my decision!

Last edited:
Accepted my offer at UCLA...good luck to all those still waiting and deciding.

UGPA: 3.6
Major/Minor: Physiology
Experience/Research (please, be brief):
- 1 year cancer research (no publication)
-2 year work experience in pharmacy and clinic
-Student government senator, president of pre-health group

Applied: UTexas-Houston, UC Berkeley , UCLA, BU, Columbia, UW (All health management)
Accepted: UTexas-Houston, UCLA, UW, Columbia, BU
Rejected: UC Berkeley
Attending: UCLA :love::)

I finally received all notification from the schools that I've applied. It will pretty much be a choice between Minnesota and UCLA for environmental health, which are two complete different areas. My biggest weakness was my low GRE scores, but I'm glad I was able to get into half of the schools I applied. I will be declining SDSU because their deadline this week and I haven't made a decision yet since I just got notification from Berkeley today.

UGPA: 3.56 (well ranked university in the Midwest), 3.579 (Calculated by Sophas)
Major/Minor: Enivronmental Science Major/Public Health Minor
GRE: 6/18/2012 150V, 143Q, 4.0A (I took a second time but did worse)
Experience/Research: No research experience, 3 years years of community services in areas relating to health and human services, currently interning with a non-profit that works with environmental health problems in the home, various leadership positions in undergrad including student body government

Applied: (All environmental health programs MPH)
submited to SOPHAS: 11/21
Mailed by SOPHAS: 12/28

UCLA: 11/21 (submitted to GradApp), 1/15 (app received by UCLA), 1/16 (forwarded to EH dept): Accepted 2/28 :)
UCBerkeley: 11/21 (submitted to GradApp)
Emory RSPH: 1/11 (app received by EH dept)
UW: 12/31 (app submitted):Rejected
BU: 1/9 (app received by BUSPH)
UMN: 1/8 (app received by EH dept): Accepted 2/5 :)
Univ. Nebraska Medical Center (UMNC): 1/17 Accepted :)
San Diego State: app sent (2/26), Accepted 3/16 :)

Accepted: UMNC (1/17), Minnesota (2/5), UCLA (2/28), SDSU (3/16)
Rejected: UW-Seattle, BU, Emory, Berkeley

Just accepted the offer from Columbia Mailman SPH for HPM. Very excited, and a little terrified!:)
Thank you everyone- this forum has been an amazing source of support and information through this hugely stressful phase!

Final tally:
Applied for MPH programs in HPM, unless specified.
Applied: Columbia (1/15), Harvard (1/1), Yale (1/15), BU (1/30), Minnesota Epi (2/06), UTSPH (02/06)
Accepted: Columbia (02/23) (Attending):soexcited:, Boston University(w/ $15,000 merit award) (02/26), University of Minnesota (02/27), University of Texas (03/09)
Rejected: Harvard (03/02)
Waiting: Yale :rolleyes:

Good luck everyone!:thumbup:

Last edited:
Undergrad GPA: 3.30 from Vanderbilt
Major: Molecular and Cellular Bio, European Studies
GRE: 161 Q 163 V 4.5 W
Experience: Lots of HIV/AIDS research/service in college, community service with rehabilitation programs specializing in addiction, cancer research in various labs, shadowing physicians, interning at a Parkinson's Non-Profit

Applied: Emory, Harvard, UNC, UC Berkeley, UCLA, Yale, Columbia
Accepted: Emory, UCLA, Columbia
Attending: Leaning strongly towards Emory, as their hands-on ID and HIV research in epi seems to be way more prevalent among master's students. They'll also fund you to do your practicum abroad, whereas you need to get into the global health concentration at Columbia to do that.

Hey everyone. I am new to this forum am wondering what schools people have chosen and reasoning for that. I am currently a 3rd year medical student and have been accepted to 1 year programs at multiple schools. As I am a medical student (i.e. working 80 hours/week at the hospital) I can't attend any admitted students days. I'm having a really hard time choosing between schools. I've narrowed it down to Hopkins, Columbia, and Yale for various reasons but can't seem to make any progress from there. I'd be interested in any input. Thanks!

Applied: Columbia (Epi, Acc/1yr), Harvard (Global Health 1yr), Yale (AP/1yr Global Health), Hopkins, Emory (GLEPI MD/MPH), UC Berkeley (Epi 1 yr ), UAB (Epi)
Accepted: Columbia, Yale, Emory (Epi only), Hopkins, UAB
Rejected: Harvard
Waiting: Berkeley
Attending: ??????

I can't speak to Hopkins or Yale at all, but I was choosing between Emory and Columbia and ended up choosing Emory. The program at Columbia is probably academically excellent in terms of being in the classroom, but I found it to be entirely not student-focused. It didn't seem to have many opportunities for working part-time/doing paid research, and in my communication with professors, only one was actually friendly. I had a professor tell me not to spout "bull****" after I told him what my interests were (psychosocial care in pediatric oncology patients). I'm not sure if this is the case with most top programs, or if Columbia professors care more about their research than their students. At Emory, I already have a research position with a professor who left working at the CDC because he liked working with students so much. I've heard Yale is a lot more student-focused and friendly, despite the fact that its program isn't "top." It sort of depends on what you want to do. I'm assuming since you're getting your MD, then the really hardcore research stuff inherent to a PhD isn't as important to you. I'd go for the program that is the most student-focused then and allows you the most practical experience - out of the schools you mentioned, I'd say Emory and Yale fit that bill the best. I don't know much about Hopkins.

I've been lurking since before applying, but I figured I'd at least post my stats here for future applicants.

UGPA: 3.48
Major/Minor: Biological Sciences
GRE (including date taken) or Other Test (if applicable): 620 verbal and 670 quant. Taken in 2010. No idea what it is under the new scoring system
Experience/Research (please, be brief): 1.5 years exercise science research in undergrad. 1 year research related to diabetes.

Applied: UIC (mailed 2/22), Loyola (1/22)
Accepted: UIC (found out after sending an e-mail inquiry on 3/27), Loyola via snail mail on 3/22
Attending: Not sure yet. Part of me wants to follow the money and go to Loyola (it would be free for me if I went part-time) but their program isn't yet accredited. On the other hand, UIC has a larger and accredited program, but I'm hesitant to take out loans even if it is just for tuition. I don't have much time to decide!

Members don't see this ad :)
UGPA: 3.26
Major/Minor: Biology
GradGPA (if applicable): N/A
Grad Studies (if applicable): N/A
GRE (including date taken) or Other Test (if applicable): 159V 158Q 3.5W
Experience/Research (please, be brief): (very limited) I've only been out of highschool for 2 yrs. :shrug: 1 year of Genetics and Cancer Biology Research at Georgia Tech. 1 semester volunteer at Grady Hospital. 1 semester with Atlanta Medical Center.

Applied: //it took SOPHAS about a month after e-submitting my app to finalize it// UAB (Epi 3/13), UGA (Epi 3/13), UPitt (Epi 3/13), USF (Epi/BioStats 3/13), SDSU (Epi 3/13), and Emory (Epi 3/13)
Accepted: UAB (Epi 3/22) Emory (Epi 3/26)
Rejected:
Waitlisted:

I was a little nervous about my decision to pursue an MPH for financial and personal reasons, which is why I applied so late. Now I've got my fingers crossed because I'm pretty committed to my decision!

I ddin't expect an acception from Emory. It's my dream school. However, it is rather expensive. As a matter of fact, it's the most expensive school I applied to. For those of you who plan on attending Emory, how are you planning on funding an education from Emory?

I finally heard back from all my schools, so here are my final stats:

UGPA: 3.47 from top liberal arts school
Major/Minor: Biology/ Economics, Public Policy
GRE: 166 V, 168 Q, 4.5 W
Experience/Research:
I'm graduating in the spring, so I don't have any full time work experience.
I spent a summer working at a cancer center, another summer doing lab research on cells for my biology thesis, and another summer researching health policy think tanks for my public policy thesis

Accepted: Columbia (Epi), UMich (Epi), Yale (CDE), Emory (Epi)
Rejected: Harvard (SM2 in Epi), Berkeley (Epi)
Waitlisted: none

Decision: I'm still choosing between Columbia and Yale, but as of now I'm leaning heavily towards Yale.

Thanks everyone for your help and answers!

FINALLY have some good news to share, as of this week.

UGPA: 3.4
Major/Minor: Biology/ Chemistry
GRE: V: 165 Q: 158 W: 4
Experience/Research: nothing major to speak of, lots of volunteering

Accepted: Tulane (community health and behavioral sciences) GW (global health)
Rejected: UNC (health behavior)
Waitlisted: none

Still waiting to hear back from USC.
I have no idea how I'm going to decide!

Finally received a response from Berkeley that I was rejected. I'm not sure if I'll pursue the MPH at JH this year since it's cross country for me and I was hoping I wouldn't have to relocate for a year. I actually applied to JH at the last minute since my preference was to attend Berkeley. I'm still very surprised Berkeley rejected me. Stats below.

UGPA: 3.82 (State school in the west)
Major/Minor: Chemistry / History
GradGPA (if applicable): 3.88
Grad Studies (if applicable): PhD in Genomics / Biological Chemistry - focussed on oncology in a top cancer research facility (graduated 2011)
Experience/Research (please, be brief):
Spent 1 year developing public health related grants for non profit in NYC
Spent 3 months doing hands on public health field work in rural parts of SE Asia (Borneo).

Applied: JHSPH (Epi MPH), Berkeley (1 year Epi MPH)
Accepted: JHSPH
Rejected: Berkeley
Attending: ?

I've been using this forum so much! Now that I have all my acceptances, I figured I should post.

GPA: 3.6 from a large public university
Major: Environmental Science
GRE: 155V, 153Q, 4.0W
Experience/Research: 1 year internship for a nationally known environmental organization, 1.5 years undergraduate research in a toxicology lab, study abroad/volunteer experience in Africa

Applied: Boston University, UIC, Columbia, Michigan (submitted to SOPHAS on 12/7)
Mailed on 2/7 (SOPHAS took a very long time)

Accepted: UIC (2/19), Michigan (2/22), Columbia (3/14), BU (3/28)
All EHS. BU sent me an email the week of 3/11 asking me to reply with more information about why Boston was the right fit for me. I replied right away. It took them two more weeks to offer me an acceptance.

Attending: Probably BU

Good luck everyone!

wes gpa-3.52(first attempt)

gre-v=155 q=151 awa=3

toefl=103

applied-

msst(mt sinai-ny)

univ north texas

umdnj-nj

uab

wku=kentucky

waiting for admission...

got accepted in unt(28/3) for fall 2013...waiting for the others

I have made up my mind despite waiting for more info and responses from schools.

Accepted: UCLA, Berkeley, & Columbia
Rejected: Harvard (lacked 2 yrs experience for the dept)
In Limbo: BU (requested an essay of why I wanted to attend; I decided to not respond)
Waiting: Yale (I gave up hope) :slap:

Attending: UCLA Home of the Bruins and good weather :cool: (wearing shorts to class is far more appealing than the other options)

Just got an awards letter email from Columbia. It doesn't even cover tuition.

I've been using this forum so much! Now that I have all my acceptances, I figured I should post.

GPA: 3.6 from a large public university
Major: Environmental Science
GRE: 155V, 153Q, 4.0W
Experience/Research: 1 year internship for a nationally known environmental organization, 1.5 years undergraduate research in a toxicology lab, study abroad/volunteer experience in Africa

Applied: Boston University, UIC, Columbia, Michigan (submitted to SOPHAS on 12/7)
Mailed on 2/7 (SOPHAS took a very long time)

Accepted: UIC (2/19), Michigan (2/22), Columbia (3/14), BU (3/28)
All EHS. BU sent me an email the week of 3/11 asking me to reply with more information about why Boston was the right fit for me. I replied right away. It took them two more weeks to offer me an acceptance.

Attending: Probably BU

Good luck everyone!

Admitted to Emory, BU, Yale, and Hopkins - any reason in particular that you're choosing BU? I'm not as familiar with the school, but have had some great conversations with professors and staff there so far.

Got email of an acceptance into Yale MPH - check your inboxes! Good luck all, I'm glad to finally have all of my decisions.

got accepted in University of North Texas
(28/3) for fall 2013...waiting for the others

Got Western Kentucky Univ admission also!!

So-
accepted:UNT,WKU
Waiting-
Mt.Sinai,Ny
UMDNJ
Univ of Alabama

Thought I'd finally update since I am in the decision making process.

GPA: 3.3 (3.7 in last 2 years)
GRE: V 157 Q 153 W 4.5

Experience: 1 year of Americorps working on food insecurity and nutrition, 1 year mentoring underprivileged high school students, 6 months researching HIV risk in Cape Verdean immigrants, Emergency preparedness internship, Camp councilor for 2 summers, 3 year D1 varsity athlete

Applied for all MPH social and behavioral health/community health education programs. Submitted Apps to SOPHAS 12/24, had some major issues with SOPHAS, not mailed until 2/28.

Applied: UTSPH- Austin Campus, UC Denver, Yale, BU, UMass, UIC

Accepted: UTSPH- Austin Campus, Yale, UC Denver, UIC

Rejected: None yet

Waiting: BU, Umass

Got accepted to Umass! Just waiting on BU now... :/ getting worried since its getting really close to the 4/15 deadline. I'm leaning towards Yale right now, but originally BU was my top choice and I would really like to hear back from them before sending in my deposit for Yale.

Hello, I have been following for a while and just wanted to contribute.

UGPA: 3.85
Major/Minor: Exercise Science (School of Public Health)
GRE (including date taken): V:162, Q:159, AW: 4.5
Experience/Research (please, be brief): I am currently interning at a community health organization, and I researched over the summer and last semester and will be presenting in a month. I have also been active with the American Cancer Society.

Applied: all Epi MPH: Yale, Emory, BU, Pitt, Minnesota, SUNY Buffalo, Albany
Accepted: Buffalo, Minnesota, Emory
Rejected:
Waitlisted: Yale

So I just decided where I am going.
Accepted: Buffalo, Minnesota, Emory, Pitt, Albany
Waitlisted: Yale, BU
Attending: Emory!

I am really excited! I intend on staying on the wait list for Yale because I want to study Chronic Diseases particularly physical activity, and Dr. Katz is excellent in that particular field. Other than that though I have officially decided! I am so excited! :love:

Scrappy, for BU they should have sent yours out so that you would get it this upcoming week. I was in the same boat, and it was a waitlist decision.

Just accepted the offer from Columbia Mailman SPH for HPM. Very excited, and a little terrified!:)
Thank you everyone- this forum has been an amazing source of support and information through this hugely stressful phase!

Applied for MPH programs in HPM, unless specified.
Applied: Columbia (1/15), Harvard (1/1), Yale (1/15), BU (1/30), Minnesota Epi (2/06), UTSPH (02/06)
Accepted: Columbia (02/23) (Attending):soexcited:, Boston University(w/ $15,000 merit award) (02/26), University of Minnesota (02/27), University of Texas (03/09)
Rejected: Harvard (03/02)
Waiting: Yale :rolleyes:

Good luck everyone!:thumbup:

Accepted by Yale HPM. Can't decide whether to cry or laugh!

Last edited:
Finally heard back for JHSPH and it is an acceptance :)

Last edited:
New to this forum. I've applied for MPH (HPM concentration). Anyone still waiting to hear from SDSU?

Also, I see people posting about an April 15th deadline? Is this to notify schools about our decisions or is it the latest schools will send out decisions to us? And does this pertain to all MPH programs? I've only heard back from 2 of my schools (waiting on like 8 others). I'm beginning to freak out. Please clarify!

New to this forum. I've applied for MPH (HPM concentration). Anyone still waiting to hear from SDSU?

Also, I see people posting about an April 15th deadline? Is this to notify schools about our decisions or is it the latest schools will send out decisions to us? And does this pertain to all MPH programs? I've only heard back from 2 of my schools (waiting on like 8 others). I'm beginning to freak out. Please clarify!
This is what I could find from SDSU's website "Applicants can anticipate being notified of the decisions on their applications no later than the middle of May." So I think you're okay for a bit.

Scrappy, for BU they should have sent yours out so that you would get it this upcoming week. I was in the same boat, and it was a waitlist decision.

Thanks for the heads up. I still haven't received any information. I called yesterday to ask about the status of my application and got a very generic response about it "still being under review and should be ready in the next 2-4 weeks but hopefully sooner".

UGPA:3.89 (WES)
Major/Minor: Medicine- MD from India
GRE: W: 4 (I hate writing on a time limit) Verbal: 162, Quant: 157
Toefl: 115

Experience/Research: 1 year internship with extensive public health focus after med school, 1 year work experience as a Jr Resident in large private hospitals, 6 months rotations in the US including work at UChicago with cardiac surgery and research on cardiac surgery outcomes, 2+ years of volunteering in public health awareness, waste disposal, vaccination etc

Applied: Harvard (Quant methods), JHU, U of Michigan, Columbia, UNC, Yale, BU, Drexel, U of Pitts, U of Min, Emory, GWU (all EPI- yes I went overboard, was very worried about my avg GRE)

Rejected: Harvard, Yale, and UNC
ATTENDING: Hopkins

---------------------------------------------
It was between Columbia, Emory and Hopkins.
Choose Hopkins as the one year reduces costs and the ranking does'nt hurt.

Just got into Berkeley's 2 year EPI program today. TOOOOO late. I have already sent in my Emory deposit.

I may reconsider Berkeley if they offer me a fullride fellowship.

Anyone choosing Berkeley over Emory?

Pros Cons???

Got accepted to Umass! Just waiting on BU now... :/ getting worried since its getting really close to the 4/15 deadline. I'm leaning towards Yale right now, but originally BU was my top choice and I would really like to hear back from them before sending in my deposit for Yale.

Finally got an acceptance from BU w/ 12,000 merit. I sort of have my heart set on Yale at this point, but we'll see...

Finally made a decision! Attending BU.

Accepted: Emory, Yale, Hopkins MSPH, GW

99% sure on Columbia - gonna be hard to turn down a scholarship - hoping that admitted students day tomorrow will deal the deal!

What concentration, and why BU over Hopkins or Emory? Did BU give you a lot of financial aid?

Social and Behavioral Sciences. I didn't care for Hopkins' program/setup, personally, and I felt there wasn't enough attention on the MSPH's. Emory is great, but I already work in Atlanta and want a change. I really like BU, and the merit award was a nice addition. I work with a ton of graduates from different schools of public health, and they advised just going to the school where you feel like you'll get the best experience both in and outside the classroom, and at the end of the day, that was BU for me.

For anyone who applied to GWU or Drexel, did either school notify you when they received your application? My applications were just mailed today and I was curious about the timetable.

The deposit is in!!!

UGPA: 3.67
Major: Political Science; Pharmacology & Toxicology
GRE: 159 V, 163 Q, 4 AWA
Experience/Research: UG Fellowship, researched sex education policy; very active on campus; several policy and community engagement nonprofit internships; currently an AmeriCorps VISTA.

Accepted: (All Health Policy & Management Programs) Columbia, Hopkins MSPH, Emory, Yale, GWU, Berkeley, NYU MPA
Rejected: --
Attending: JHU MSPH in Health Policy :soexcited:

For anyone who applied to GWU or Drexel, did either school notify you when they received your application? My applications were just mailed today and I was curious about the timetable.

I applied to Drexel and I had to call the admissions office to find out if my app was considered complete.

Also, it takes about 3-4 weeks for your to receive an admissions decision once it's sent to the admissions committee. My app was considered complete on march 15th, but it wasn't sent to the committee until this past Monday. UGH

Final updated list as I have accepted admission

Major: International MD
WES GPA: 3.75
GRE: V 161 Q157 W 4
TOEFL 111
Work/Volunteer experiences: 2 years of working as a physician. Various volunteer experiences.

Applied : U Buffalo, Teaxas A&M, UTHSC Houston, BU, U Albany, SLU, UMDNJ, Drexel, UMAss.(All Epi)
Accepted: Drexel, Texas A&M, UTHSC Houston, BU, SLU,UMDNJ,UMass
Rejected: U Albany.. U Buffalo application incomplete
Attending : UTHSC Houston!!! :)

After careful consideration, I have decided on accepting my admission offer from Johns Hopkins. I enjoy a quick pace and the quarter system at Bloomberg is a good fit for my learning style. I was worried about gaining faculty relationships in just a year of courses, but I had a friend who just completed a PhD at Berkeley reassure me that I should have no problem securing letters of recommendation in just a year. A professor at another institution commented that the 1 year field experience would make me a stronger applicant when I apply for their PhD. This would also let me use the strong Hopkins network in DC to find an applied internship/employment opportunity.

I was stuck between Yale and Hopkins for a bit, but in the end Hopkins seemed to be a better personal fit and funding was marginally better. The staff attention I received from Johns Hopkins was second to none. Simply astounding. Christine King, who heads the MSPH program is the most helpful person I have encountered in the entire admissions process. Financial aid responded quickly, students seemed happy, the school appears to be run flawlessly.

There are many great institutions out there, the key is the find the one that fits YOU the best. Disregard rankings, disregard rumors, find out the real truth of the department and whether you feel comfortable calling it your home for the next 2+ years. Suerte!

Stats:
UGPA: 3.747, Highly-ranked US Public University, Top 10 in Public Health
Major: Environmental Economics and Policy, BS
GRE: 157/158/4.0
Experience/Research (please, be brief): One-year funded research project, econometric analysis of household health, presented at 2 conferences and published. Part of McNair Scholars Program.

Accepted: George Washington MPH, UCLA MPH, Columbia MPH, Johns Hopkins MSPH, NYU MPH, Yale MPH
Rejected: Harvard SM
Decided: Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health - MSPH in Health Policy

Just got accepted into Mount Sinai!!!! Woot woot!!!!!! That's my top choice, so now I can wait for the financial aid :)

Decided on the MHS at Hopkins! Here are my final stats:

Major:psychology with a minor in Public Health
WES GPA: 3.62
GRE: V 164 Q167 W 5.0
TOEFL N/A
Work/Volunteer experiences: summer internship at the CDC, 1 year as research assistant on smoking cessation study

Applied : Hopkins (MHS), Emory, Columbia, Michigan, UT-Houston (All Epi)
Accepted: Hopkins (3/22), Emory (3/15), Columbia (2/25), Michigan (1/11), UT-Houston (2/6)
Rejected: None
Attending : Hopkins!

Thanks so much to everyone for their help during the application process! These forums have been incredibly helpful.

Hi all I was here the last MHA cycle, but was not successful in getting an admit. But this time have been lucky, except for the work experience everything else remains the same...i mean my stats.....

Qualification- Bachelors of Dental Surgery
CGPA- 3.67
GRE- Q- 147 , V- 143 , AW- 3
TOEFL- 97
Work experience - 4 yrs (3 yrs clinical and 1 yr non-clinical as patient relationship manager and medical concierge)
(volunteer experience- 2 1/2 yrs in clinical and public health programs)

Applied: GW, SC, UAMS,SDSU, UK ( through SOPHAS) UCF,Texas state uni, uni of Scranton,
Accepted:UCF, GWU,
Interview: Uni of Scranton, Texas state uni
Rejected:Uni South Carolina, Uni Kentuky, UAMS
Waitlisted: SDSU

All comments are welcome....
Decided to attend GWU...anyone else for GWU let me know

Thank you...

Major: Fine Art
Undergrad GPA: 3.8
Post Bacc GPA: 3.5
GRE: V162 Q163 W 4.0
Work/Volunteer experiences: Full time employment during post-bacc, NSF Research on Sustainable development in Romania, bunch of random clinical observing/volunteering

Applied : MPH@GW (online program)
Accepted: MPH@GW (online program)
Matriculating: George Washington University

I applied to the GW program this summer, for a fall start. I was hesitant about relocating so I wanted a fully online program. I was going to apply to more programs come fall, but I just found out I was awarded a very large scholarship, so it looks like one application does it :)

Anyone else doing this program? I know it's very new, so I'm hoping everything goes smoothly and it's solid academically.