Rejected from LECOM without even a secondary :( Am I SOL?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

iheartnoodles

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has this happened to anyone? I received an email today which states this:

Your application for admission to the LECOM Bradenton School of Dental Medicine has been considered by the Admissions Committee. After careful review, the Committee has decided not to pursue further consideration of your candidacy for admission.

Thank you for applying for admission to LECOM; If you are retaking the DAT or you are working on strenghting your academics we look forward to hearing from you next year.br>
Sincerely,

Office of Admissions

I never even received an email saying that they've received my application and that it was under review..I just straight up got this message which devastated me...I feel like if LECOM rejects me, then most likely other schools will too... :/
However, I did get a secondary back from Missouri School of Dentistry and Oral Health a couple of weeks ago.

Members don't see this ad.

I got my rejection email today also. I just laughed if off lol. Don't feel down I'm sure you'll be fine.

Reactions: 1 user
I got my rejection email today also. I just laughed if off lol. Don't feel down I'm sure you'll be fine.
I hope so...it just put my self-esteem/confidence down to the floor :lame:.. especially because its still so early in the game

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you a permanent resident

No, I'm a U.S. citizen; I was born here. I am an OOS who's a first-time applicant. I'm currently in grad school trying to fix my undergrad gpa which was a 2.75. My overall/science gpa in grad school is a 3.55 & after this summer term, it will be a 3.65. I also have an AA of 18 on the DAT with TS average of an 18 as well (PAT:19, Reading:20, QR:16). I will also be retaking my DAT in the fall as well. I know my stats aren't the greatest, but I didn't think it was that awful..maybe my perception is skewed....:shrug:

Last edited:
Is this your first rejection? You'll be fine don't get devastated just yet.

dont worry - pray as hard as you can - God will take care of you :)

Reactions: 7 users
Is this your first rejection? You'll be fine don't get devastated just yet.
Yes, it is. I know it's my first one but I just hear that LECOM is one of the easier schools to get an interview from. I feel like if I get rejected here, then most likely all the other schools I applied too will reject me too. I know I'm being childish, but I can't help it **sigh**

Your application for admission to the LECOM Bradenton School of Dental Medicine has been considered by the Admissions Committee. After careful review, the Committee has decided not to pursue further consideration of your candidacy for admission.

Thank you for applying for admission to LECOM; If you are retaking the DAT or you are working on strenghting your academics we look forward to hearing from you next year.br>
Sincerely,

Office of Admissions

I never even received an email saying that they've received my application and that it was under review..I just straight up got this message which devastated me...I feel like if LECOM rejects me, then most likely other schools will too... :/
However, I did get a secondary back from Missouri School of Dentistry and Oral Health a couple of weeks ago.
LECOM rejected me pretty quickly last year as well. But I got several other interviews and accepted into my top choice. Shrug it off buddy, their loss.

Reactions: 1 users
Why did you asked that? Does the status of permanent resident affect the application in any ways? I am a little worried, because I am also a permanent resident.

Why did you asked that? Does the status of permanent resident affect the application in any ways? I am a little worried, because I am also a permanent resident.
For some reason that some school, like Lecom, can't see the permanent residency on the aadsas coversheer. So they reject pretty much all the permanent residents. You just have to call whoever rejected you and clear things up.

Don't schools wait for your inprogess courses to come in before making a final decision??? or is LECOM a school that doesnt?

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't schools wait for your inprogess courses to come in before making a final decision??? or is LECOM a school that doesnt?
I feel like they would but I guess not. Maybe they just have so many applicants this year that they start purging early. The upside is, they didn't waste my money or time by straight up rejecting me to begin with lol

I am definitely going to call them on Monday to see why they rejected me. I'll keep you guys updated!

Reactions: 1 user
Just got the rejection email today :( I recently retook the DAT and it hasn't even been uploaded to AADSAS yet. My concern is that they only looked at my first DAT scores and they have drastically improved the second time around so do you guys think it would be worth calling them?

I will be graduating in May with a b.s. in biology. AADSAS calculated my gpa as BCP 2.06, sGPA 2.34, non-science 3.71, and cGPA 2.67. I know these numbers are terrible, which is why I'm looking at post-bacs. My question is whether it's best to enroll in a post-bac program that counts towards undergraduate credit or graduate credit? I've been accepted to and am having trouble deciding between Dominican University (undergraduate credit), George Mason ABS certificate program, and Cal-State East Bay (which are both for graduate credit). Please help!!!

It's not your DAT score.

It's not your DAT score.
Sure, use my stats from my application from two cycles ago. I love how you have to go through my posts and you chose that one over the one where I mentioned I have a 3.6 grad GPA. Everyone's circumstances are different so if you don't know their story, please don't be rude.

I wouldn't call them. Screw lecom lol.
haha I agree! They're definitely the ones missing out :p

Sure, use my stats from my application from two cycles ago. I love how you have to go through my posts and you chose that one over the one where I mentioned I have a 3.6 grad GPA. Everyone's circumstances are different so if you don't know their story, please don't be rude.

haha I agree! They're definitely the ones missing out :p

Forgive me, wasn't trying to be rude. Just trying to pinpoint the reason behind your rejection. I wish you better luck with other schools you applied to.

Just got the rejection email today :( I recently retook the DAT and it hasn't even been uploaded to AADSAS yet. My concern is that they only looked at my first DAT scores and they have drastically improved the second time around so do you guys think it would be worth calling them?
Yes, I would call them and tell them you did better the second time around. I think that some schools have an automatic computer-automated rejection for certain scores that don't meet their minimum "cut off criteria."

No, I'm a U.S. citizen; I was born here. I am an OOS who's a first-time applicant. I'm currently in grad school trying to fix my undergrad gpa which was a 2.75. My overall/science gpa in grad school is a 3.55 & after this summer term, it will be a 3.65. I also have an AA of 18 on the DAT with TS average of an 18 as well (PAT:19, Reading:20, QR:16). I will also be retaking my DAT in the fall as well. I know my stats aren't the greatest, but I didn't think it was that awful..maybe my perception is skewed....:shrug:
AA and TS of 20 are your target marks. Below that and you will have a tough time. I thought lecom had a cutoff of 17...

Sincerely,

Office of Admissions

can i know your stats ?

Forgive me, wasn't trying to be rude. Just trying to pinpoint the reason behind your rejection. I wish you better luck with other schools you applied to.

Probably was right. Your ugGPA got screened out. I guess its their loss, maybe?