Rejected from Scholl :(

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

member10101010

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got rejected from Scholl. I was wondering if there was anything I could do to have them review my application again. I really wanted to go there this cycle. I thought my interview went well and my stats looked pretty good. I wonder what went wrong.

Members don't see this ad.

I got rejected from Scholl. I was wondering if there was anything I could do to have them review my application again. I really wanted to go there this cycle. I thought my interview went well and my stats looked pretty good. I wonder what went wrong.

I'd recommend calling the admissions office and ask the details for your rejection. This will have them LOOK at your application again. However, I wouldn't expect them to change their minds. If the reason was because of a low MCAT, you can always take it again and send them the scores, but again, I wouldn't expect them to change their minds because of so. You can always re-apply next cycle if your dead set on scholl.

Hope this helps.

- SDrJJohnson

What were your stats if you dont mind sharing?

Members don't see this ad :)
Unless he's been waiting since November to post this the answer almost assuredly is that he applied at the tail end of the cycle.

Reactions: 1 user
Sorry to hear that. More than likely if your stats are good and you got rejected, it is because you applied late in the cycle. Don't let this get you down. Apply in August when the next cycle opens up and you should have a decent shot. Good luck to you.

I'm also curious about your stats. Admissions standards are going up every year, not to mention you're quite late in the cycle for a school like Scholl.

Im sorry to hear this. The advice above is sound. If pod and scholl is where you want to go, keep in contact with kim young, she is a great contact to ask any future questions. Hopefully you have better luck at other schools if you applied elsewhere this cycle. Good luck!

Congrats on being the first person rejected from podiatry school. Did you dress up like a clown for the interview? or was your MCAT single digits?...

I am sure other schools still have spots. Call around and see who does and get the application in. I know sometimes you want to stick to a certain school because of location/family/etc. Personally I would jump into another program. You got 7 years of training ahead of you. Do work.