Rejection notification

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lindsey Freeman

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you do not get an interview for a school by some point, do you just assume you are not going to be offered one and therefore will not get in? Or, are you notified of your rejection?
If it is the first, when is the last time most schools send out interview invites? Do they send them all out upfront at the beginning of the interview season, or do they send them out individually about a month in advance?

Members don't see this ad.

You are not rejected until you get a rejection. You could get called the day before classes start if you are on a wait list. While it doesn't happen all the time, it has happened. A student who was going to start has their financial aid package fall through, etc.

If you are outright rejected, you will know it via mail, email, phone call.

People get interview invites throughout the entire application year.

Reactions: 1 user
You are not rejected until you get a rejection. You could get called the day before classes start if you are on a wait list. While it doesn't happen all the time, it has happened. A student who was going to start has their financial aid package fall through, etc.

If you are outright rejected, you will know it via mail, email, phone call.

People get interview invites throughout the entire application year.

People do get IIs throughout the year. But, it seems that number of applicants may be small. For most people, I think the app year is probably over by January. After January, IIs are for the waitlists and getting accepted from the waitlist is rare and varies by school.

Reactions: 1 user
People do get IIs throughout the year. But, it seems that number of applicants may be small. For most people, I think the app year is probably over by January. After January, IIs are for the waitlists and getting accepted from the waitlist is rare and varies by school.

probably a good generalization. i just wanted to get the point across that there is no official deadline that determines your absolute chances (which is what i believed the OP was worried about)