Rejections This Week?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MedPR

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
To mirror the "II This Week" thread. Got rejected from Georgetown last week so to date that makes it 7 rejections for me.

Tulane, VCU, NYMC, EVMS, Rosalind Franklin, ATSU-KCOM, Georgetown.

Members don't see this ad.

are you counting schools that just haven't replied? or schools that have actually sent a rejection letter of some sort?

Members don't see this ad :)
KU and West Virginia for me (both MD)

Don't feel bad about BU... They receive a ton of applications and reject sooooooo many people. That was my first rejection.

I applied to 38 schools lol so I am expecting a tonnn of rejections

Florida Atlantic was appalled that I would apply with such subpar "cognitive credentials" as they put it. Also rejected from Oakland and VCU. New week starts soon though so I'll be prepared to receive some more!

Florida Atlantic was appalled that I would apply with such subpar "cognitive credentials" as they put it. Also rejected from Oakland and VCU. New week starts soon though so I'll be prepared to receive some more!

Sub par cognitive credentials? Really they said that?!?

Seriously, do they know what that implies? If someone said to me I would think they are saying I have a mental ******ation. Why not just say "low stats"?

Now responding to the thread: I got rejected at DMU and KCUMB. KCUMB made sure to send me 2 letters in case one wasn't enough to state their case. LOL.

I'm still waiting for the ax on the MD schools I applied to...has not happened yet but I have a feeling it's coming along with other D.O. schools....

Seriously, do they know what that implies? If someone said to me I would think they are saying I have a mental ******ation. Why not just say "low stats"?

Now responding to the thread: I got rejected at DMU and KCUMB. KCUMB made sure to send me 2 letters in case one wasn't enough to state their case. LOL.

I'm still waiting for the ax on the MD schools I applied to...has not happened yet but I have a feeling it's coming along with other D.O. schools....

They're trying to sound smart.

Members don't see this ad :)

Haha wow that is horrible. Just brush it off. Easy for me to say though, I would have been pissed.

......n

Last edited:

That's a little harsh. They either have different rejection emails or they changed it from last year.

Maybe it is because you were screened out early? They made me wait the entire cycle before rejecting me.

I'm in the same place I was a month ago. Looking for a word on anything. just to break the ice.

I'm in the same place I was a month ago. Looking for a word on anything. just to break the ice.

I know the feeling all too well. It's not the end of it either. Some schools will string you along until after they are done interviewing. Some schools never get back to you. It's just the name of the game. :thumbdown:

KCUMB rejection. Seriously, they should've just not given me the secondary...getting my hopes up. I wrote a good essay too, but I'm hoping its because of stats and not bad LoRs.

KCUMB rejection. Seriously, they should've just not given me the secondary...getting my hopes up. I wrote a good essay too, but I'm hoping its because of stats and not bad LoRs.

Dude they did the same thing to me. Needless to say I was a little upset about sending them 50 dollars and writing an amazing essay just so I can get 2 rejection letters in return!

Their loss in my opinion!

KCUMB is my only rejection so far. But I'm sure I'll have several MD ones coming my way.

That's a little harsh. They either have different rejection emails or they changed it from last year.

Maybe it is because you were screened out early? They made me wait the entire cycle before rejecting me.

Thanks for giving us the opportunity to review your credentials for beginning medical school here at the Charles E. Schmidt College of Medicine. However, the cognitive credentials you submitted are significantly below those of applicants now being considered by the admissions committee and are clearly below the cautionary guidelines that we provided at the time you were invited to complete a secondary application. Therefore, on behalf of the admissions committee, I regret to inform you that we are discontinuing the application process with you and informing AMCAS of our decision.

Kind of felt like this, but fill in the word application for answer...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEkWH8DB7b0

Thanks for giving us the opportunity to review your credentials for beginning medical school here at the Charles E. Schmidt College of Medicine. However, the cognitive credentials you submitted are significantly below those of applicants now being considered by the admissions committee and are clearly below the cautionary guidelines that we provided at the time you were invited to complete a secondary application. Therefore, on behalf of the admissions committee, I regret to inform you that we are discontinuing the application process with you and informing AMCAS of our decision.

I would seriously complain about this to AAMC. That is really insulting, especially since it doesn't seem like your stats were that far off. Love the Billy Madison reference, though.

haha yea I thought I might mention to the Dean how insulting this letter was, but wasn't really sure if that would have any negative ramifications ( as you can imagine it is hard to make good decisions with such poor cognitive abilities.) I thought it was pretty unprofessional and didn't speak well to their school. My stats are not amazing by any standard but people are certainly accepted with them, and yea, my mcat is their school median.

haha yea I thought I might mention to the Dean how insulting this letter was, but wasn't really sure if that would have any negative ramifications ( as you can imagine it is hard to make good decisions with such poor cognitive abilities.) I thought it was pretty unprofessional and didn't speak well to their school. My stats are not amazing by any standard but people are certainly accepted with them, and yea, my mcat is their school median.

That is truly an unbelievable letter. Im shocked they would send something like that.

Ouch. Geez that's rough. I'm pretty blown away at how harsh that letter is.

Don't write them anything. Just send them a copy of the acceptance(s) you get later this cycle.

Don't write them anything. Just send them a copy of the acceptance(s) you get later this cycle.
Haha:laugh: Niceeee.

If they have such strict requirements for "cognitive credentials" why don't they just screen pre secondary like other schools do....oh thats right

tumblr_lwtgjmLhb21qzmtlc.gif

Oh btw, KCOM wrote back to me about my rejection reason. They said I don't have enough shadowing or volunteering experience. I have over 500 hours of shadowing and close to 600 hours volunteering.

Haha:laugh: Niceeee.

If they have such strict requirements for "cognitive credentials" why don't they just screen pre secondary like other schools do....oh thats right

tumblr_lwtgjmLhb21qzmtlc.gif

The first thing that came to mind when I saw that .gif was Georgetown and George Washington University. Both of those secondaries are more than $125!

The first thing that came to mind when I saw that .gif was Georgetown and George Washington University. Both of those secondaries are more than $125!

Tulane's isn't cheap either, I think it's around $130. Plus all three of those schools get 10k+ applications.

Oh btw, KCOM wrote back to me about my rejection reason. They said I don't have enough shadowing or volunteering experience. I have over 500 hours of shadowing and close to 600 hours volunteering.

Wow. Give me a break.:eek:

FAU's stats for last year are 3.68/31. With overall stats ranging from [28 -- 35] and [3.42 -- 3.96] That is quite subpar for east coast schools, especially not having a single admitted student with MCAT>35.

Even if you stats are on the lower end, this letter is an insult. I would complain to AAMC.

are you counting schools that just haven't replied? or schools that have actually sent a rejection letter of some sort?

School that has informed you of your rejection.

I think this thread would be more helpful for people with similar stats if you designated whether the rejecting institution was a MD or DO school. It takes a lot for people to admit where they got rejected and I commend you all! I wish you guys the best. Thanks. :)

I think most people to this point have been rejected by MD schools. I don't think DO schools have sent out many rejections yet.

you are getting into SLU MedPR, then it is going to be like KCOM what? Kirksville who?

What makes you say I'm getting into SLU? I hope you're right :)

Are you guys gonna call, email, or just ignore after getting the rejection? I'm personally interested in the reason 'why', but I don't know if a phone call asking them why they don't like me would be a good idea...lol

Are you guys gonna call, email, or just ignore after getting the rejection? I'm personally interested in the reason 'why', but I don't know if a phone call asking them why they don't like me would be a good idea...lol

I emailed KCOM after they rejected me. I'm just going to assume that all my MD rejections are due to my <3.15 GPA.

KCOM told me I don't have enough shadowing or volunteering hours. I have almost 600 hours of each.

ATSU-SOMA rejection today. I'm betting it has something to do with volunteer stuff.

I emailed KCOM after they rejected me. I'm just going to assume that all my MD rejections are due to my <3.15 GPA.

KCOM told me I don't have enough shadowing or volunteering hours. I have almost 600 hours of each.
That is BS...It is the GPA.

I was rejected by Rocky Vista University COM. They said that due to the competitive nature of their applicant pool they decided not to interview me. I have a 3.45 gpa, and 30 MCAT. Didn't realize they were so dang special over there. Lol

I was rejected by Rocky Vista University COM. They said that due to the competitive nature of their applicant pool they decided not to interview me. I have a 3.45 gpa, and 30 MCAT. Didn't realize they were so dang special over there. Lol

Well they're a for profit, so maybe by "competitive nature of their applicant pool" they meant "largest donors get interviews".

Idk, I don't think 3.28/3.26 is that bad for DO.
Was that a DO school? If it is....That is crazy...600 hours are more than what most applicants have unless they work in an healthcare setting.

Well they're a for profit, so maybe by "competitive nature of their applicant pool" they meant "largest donors get interviews".

Ha ha! I bet they somehow knew that I am so broke I wouldn't be able to pay. Lol
I'm scraping together pretty much every bit of cash I have to pay LECOMs deposit. Then again I AM between paychecks right now. They're monthly. I wonder if all schools will require a check and not a credit card for deposit?

Ha ha! I bet they somehow knew that I am so broke I wouldn't be able to pay. Lol
I'm scraping together pretty much every bit of cash I have to pay LECOMs deposit. Then again I AM between paychecks right now. They're monthly. I wonder if all schools will require a check and not a credit card for deposit?

If they require checks then I'm screwed...

If they require checks then I'm screwed...

Cash advance on the credit card, title loan on the car, signature loan at the shady little joint in downtown, selling internal organs. I'll pay for it all somehow.

That's pretty offensive in my opinion.

My "favorite" rejection so far was definitely UCSF (applied for shiggles plus I'm a CA resident so why not?) -- it was the most polite letter I've ever read.

Otherwise, I've received pretty much the same MD rejections as medPR except for NYMC.