Rejections This Week?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
That's pretty offensive in my opinion.

My "favorite" rejection so far was definitely UCSF (applied for shiggles plus I'm a CA resident so why not?) -- it was the most polite letter I've ever read.

Otherwise, I've received pretty much the same MD rejections as medPR except for NYMC.

Idk if you're still waiting to hear back from NYMC, but I technically wasn't rejected from NYMC or EVMS. Before I submitted the secondaries I realized I didn't meet some of their requirements so I didn't bother completing my application. I don't want you to think that they've sent out rejections already if they haven't.

Members don't see this ad.

I think my gmail account is protecting me. It sent the two rejection letters I got straight to my junk mail folder before I could see them. I only found them by accident haha.

Idk if you're still waiting to hear back from NYMC, but I technically wasn't rejected from NYMC or EVMS. Before I submitted the secondaries I realized I didn't meet some of their requirements so I didn't bother completing my application. I don't want you to think that they've sent out rejections already if they haven't.

Since you have a lot of other interviews you probably don't care too much about NYMC but I graduated in 2006 and didn't meet their letter requirements and couldn't (mostly didn't want to try) to get a new letter so they allowed me to send what I had. They will also soon send me a rejection most likely, but I doubt it will have to do with the letters.

Members don't see this ad :)
Since you have a lot of other interviews you probably don't care too much about NYMC but I graduated in 2006 and didn't meet their letter requirements and couldn't (mostly didn't want to try) to get a new letter so they allowed me to send what I had. They will also soon send me a rejection most likely, but I doubt it will have to do with the letters.

I'm in a slightly different situation. They told me I need letters from UG since I graduated in 2010. If you graduated before 2010 they waive that requirement. I have letters from my post-bacc, but can't get any from UG :(

Got it. I think that school is next to a prison or something anyway?

I'm in a slightly different situation. They told me I need letters from UG since I graduated in 2010. If you graduated before 2010 they waive that requirement. I have letters from my post-bacc, but can't get any from UG :(

PCOM wants an undergraduate letter as well...and I graduated in 2004. I asked if they would accept a grad school letter instead and was shot down.

Now I have to go scrounging through old contacts to try to round one up :mad:.

I hate that. Seriously how good of a letter can you get from a professor who taught you 8-12 years ago.

Got it. I think that school is next to a prison or something anyway?

Really? Idk, I didn't do much research on it. It's really funny because the majority of my rejections/forced withdrawals have come from "safety" schools..

VCU, EVMS, NYMC, Rosalind Franklin.

Heard. That is why I say there is no definite rhyme or reason to your rejection from KCOM when you have received interviews from other schools with higher median stats. To some extent this is just a crap shoot and we have to try to avoid obsessing over each school's decision. Ultimately if I only get one acceptance and it is to my least favorite school I'll still be better off than many others and I'll happily attend. Most of the doctors I work with and know personally don't attribute much of their success to their med school decision so much as working hard in med school and residency. Not sure what my point is so I'll stop typing now...

Heard. That is why I say there is no definite rhyme or reason to your rejection from KCOM when you have received interviews from other schools with higher median stats. To some extent this is just a crap shoot and we have to try to avoid obsessing over each school's decision. Ultimately if I only get one acceptance and it is to my least favorite school I'll still be better off than many others and I'll happily attend. Most of the doctors I work with and know personally don't attribute much of their success to their med school decision so much as working hard in med school and residency. Not sure what my point is so I'll stop typing now...

I suppose some schools have better rotations/residency options than others, so we stress out hoping we get the best one for ourselves. Regardless, any of them will be good I am sure. But there's nothing wrong with wanting the best :D

Just from one reach MD school far far away. Pretty much crickets from most right now. Might because I am kind of late applicant.

Rejected from Bradenton....Sigh =/

I'm sorry to hear this :( do u mind if I ask your stats? I have yet to hear from them and I really don't think I have a chance :( but from what I remember you have interviews, so this rejection should be peanuts for you :oops:

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm expecting a rejection from DMU in two weeks. Everyone says their interview is straight forward, but almost every question they asked me had 1-2 follow-up questions, presumably because they felt my original answer was incomplete or otherwise not good enough.

I'm expecting a rejection from DMU in two weeks. Everyone says their interview is straight forward, but almost every question they asked me had 1-2 follow-up questions, presumably because they felt my original answer was incomplete or otherwise not good enough.

Don't lose hope, you never know. Also, now that you posted this, I bet you get in :p just watch!! :)

Oh btw, KCOM wrote back to me about my rejection reason. They said I don't have enough shadowing or volunteering experience. I have over 500 hours of shadowing and close to 600 hours volunteering.

This scares the feces out of me.

I'm sorry to hear this :( do u mind if I ask your stats? I have yet to hear from them and I really don't think I have a chance :( but from what I remember you have interviews, so this rejection should be peanuts for you :oops:

Hey no problem

I have a 3.05 science gpa, 3.1 cum and a 38 MCAT lol. Very unbalanced. I have average ECS, average LORs, and an MBA + fulltime internship in healthcare management. I also have some institutional action (not anything crazy). So that might have been an auto-flag for this school or something. I got the rejection letter in the snail mail and not as an update on my portal.

Hope this helps :luck:

Hey no problem

I have a 3.05 science gpa, 3.1 cum and a 38 MCAT lol. Very unbalanced. I have average ECS, average LORs, and an MBA + fulltime internship in healthcare management. I also have some institutional action (not anything crazy). So that might have been an auto-flag for this school or something. I got the rejection letter in the snail mail and not as an update on my portal.

Hope this helps :luck:

ummmm OMG. Surprised they rejected you with that MCAT. Can't win 'em all I guess :oops: clearly you will be going SOMEWHERE though lol

rejection email from Campbell. was on hold till they got my summer/fall grades but got the axe on Sunday. dang sGPA.

ummmm OMG. Surprised they rejected you with that MCAT. Can't win 'em all I guess :oops: clearly you will be going SOMEWHERE though lol

Thanks! UMDNJ is my first choice and I hear back this Friday if I'm accepted :xf: so this is gonna be a nerve-wrackingly slow week. I hope the application cycle is treating you well!

I emailed KCOM after they rejected me. I'm just going to assume that all my MD rejections are due to my <3.15 GPA.

KCOM told me I don't have enough shadowing or volunteering hours. I have almost 600 hours of each.

Checking MD apps for KCOM acceptances shows their average matriculant had far fewer hours than you. I'm skeptical at the very least. Did they reject you post-secondary? And is that GPA your AACOMAS or AMCAS GPA?

Thanks! UMDNJ is my first choice and I hear back this Friday if I'm accepted :xf: so this is gonna be a nerve-wrackingly slow week. I hope the application cycle is treating you well!

Good luck with UMDNJ :) My interviews start next week- so HOPEFULLY this application cycle treats me well :xf:

Checking MD apps for KCOM acceptances shows their average matriculant had far fewer hours than you. I'm skeptical at the very least. Did they reject you post-secondary? And is that GPA your AACOMAS or AMCAS GPA?

Yes post secondary. AACOMAS stats are 3.28s 3.24c 33Q. I think their reason is bs and they just don't want me.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using SDN Mobile

Haven't gotten rejected from any MD schools yet...which is puzzling to say the least.

Haven't gotten rejected from any MD schools yet...which is puzzling to say the least.

Congratulations! That's pretty impressive from my perspective. I've only had 2 so far, but one of them felt like a stab in the back. It's odd that my own undergrad was the only school to reject me pre-secondary.

Congratulations! That's pretty impressive from my perspective. I've only had 2 so far, but one of them felt like a stab in the back. It's odd that my own undergrad was the only school to reject me pre-secondary.

Yeah, I totally get it.

I mean I might just be silently rejected because I haven't heard much from my state school and was told that I was being screened at another school and was actually small pooled at the other one. I got small pooled there and rejected from KCUMB like the same day...which again...is puzzling to say the least. Who knows what is up with these adcoms!

Last edited:

There's a rejection thread floating around in preallo. Check it out, its good for being sure that you havent been silently rejected.

There's a rejection thread floating around in preallo. Check it out, its good for being sure that you havent been silently rejected.

ScreenShot2012-09-20at115431AM_zps711be785.png

Thanks for giving us the opportunity to review your credentials for beginning medical school here at the Charles E. Schmidt College of Medicine. However, the cognitive credentials you submitted are significantly below those of applicants now being considered by the admissions committee and are clearly below the cautionary guidelines that we provided at the time you were invited to complete a secondary application. Therefore, on behalf of the admissions committee, I regret to inform you that we are discontinuing the application process with you and informing AMCAS of our decision.

Kind of felt like this, but fill in the word application for answer...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEkWH8DB7b0

Haha. The best part about it is that you're going to get into med school somewhere, do well, ace your boards, land a great residency, and become a competent and successful physician. Schools can only reject people if they have more competitive applicants, they aren't the gatekeepers of who is smart enough and not smart enough to be a physician. They make it sound like giving you a medical degree would be hazardous to society, which of course is completely rediculous.

Yes post secondary. AACOMAS stats are 3.28s 3.24c 33Q. I think their reason is bs and they just don't want me.

I'm pretty shocked you got rejected. Your GPAs are not far below average and your MCAT is so far above the average that I'm surprised they didn't even interview you, really. You've got MD interviews, for crying out loud.

I'm pretty shocked you got rejected. Your GPAs are not far below average and your MCAT is so far above the average that I'm surprised they didn't even interview you, really. You've got MD interviews, for crying out loud.

Yea I was really hoping to see the campus, though I don't know if I would even attend now that I've gotten into NSU. Hopefully good news from DMU in a week too!

I emailed KCOM after they rejected me. I'm just going to assume that all my MD rejections are due to my <3.15 GPA.

KCOM told me I don't have enough shadowing or volunteering hours. I have almost 600 hours of each.

wow.

i have way less than that - should i even go to the interview?

wow.

i have way less than that - should i even go to the interview?

Yes, definitely. I have interviews at schools that people with significantly higher stats and better ECs than me got rejections from. So long as you meet minimum statistic requirements, schools do care about fit. They like you enough to offer an interview. You have an opportunity to get in!

If you have an interview go. They obviously like you on paper

+1

Yes, definitely. I have interviews at schools that people with significantly higher stats and better ECs than me got rejections from. So long as you meet minimum statistic requirements, schools do care about fit. They like you enough to offer an interview. You have an opportunity to get in!

+1

I'm still jealous you can multiquote from your phone. :(

I heard back from 2 of the 3

Question for you:
I saw you applied at Rosalind Franklin...did the rejection come by e-mail or by mail? Sorry about the bluntness of the question, that's the only MD school I applied to that has not responded with anything but "you are under screening"...I've been under screening for approximately 3 weeks.

Thanks MedPR.

I heard back from 2 of the 3

Question for you:
I saw you applied at Rosalind Franklin...did the rejection come by e-mail or by mail? Sorry about the bluntness of the question, that's the only MD school I applied to that has not responded with anything but "you are under screening"...I've been under screening for approximately 3 weeks.

Thanks MedPR.

Email. I didn't make it to the small pool though.

Email. I didn't make it to the small pool though.

Thanks,

They haven't told me if I am small pooled or not. Just that I am under screening and nothing else for 3 weeks now. I'm assuming they don't do silent rejections if they e-mailed you about yours, right?

Thanks,

They haven't told me if I am small pooled or not. Just that I am under screening and nothing else for 3 weeks now. I'm assuming they don't do silent rejections if they e-mailed you about yours, right?

I'd say that's a safe assumption. Complete on 7/6, Rejected 8/17

Dear Applicant;

Thank you for your application to the Chicago Medical School at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science! We have recently completed review of your application for the class of 2017. While your application highlights your many strengths and charts the unique journey you have taken to become a physician, we are not able to offer you spot in the entering class.

Each year we receive over 10, 000 applications for our program and the admissions process remains highly competitive. If you would like to speak with an admissions officer on ways to strengthen your application, please feel free to contact the Office of Admissions and Recruitment at [email protected].

We thank you for your application and wish you great success in your future endeavors!

Sincerely,

La'Mont L. Vaughn
Director of Admissions and Recruitment

I'd say that's a safe assumption. Complete on 7/6, Rejected 8/17

Thanks man, appreciate it.

They are probably just taking forever to send me my rejection.

Yeah, I'm optimistic like that. :thumbup:

Thanks man, appreciate it.

They are probably just taking forever to send me my rejection.

Yeah, I'm optimistic like that. :thumbup:

They started small pooling people around 3-4weeks of completion.

If it makes you feel better, I left the DMU interview feeling the exact same way. Everyone else said their interview was super laid back, yet I felt grilled! More so than my other 2 interviews. However, I got accepted! You never know...keep your hopes up! Good luck!