Relax...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Azimuthal

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys. I know it's frustrating with classes, applications and GREs. In many cases, you're probably sitting there in class, at home or in the local coffee shop worrying about adcoms and how competitive you will be when your packet is reviewed. Well, you're not alone. The friend, classmate or peer that applied with you is most likely feeling the same.

Let me remind you guys of something. If you want it bad enough, you will get it. You may be worried because in undergrad and in some grad programs, you're entangled in this competitive atmosphere. The, "I have to do better than the other guys" mentality. Reality is, most programs WILL ask for supplementals and grant interviews if minimum requirements are met.

For those who will be/ are moving on to interviews, the same perception of competitiveness lingers. You may be thinking, "What can I say or do, to make myself look better than the other guy?" The truth again is, that students forget what the point of an interview is - to get to know the student. Not some cliche answers they can memorize.

My advise is, at this stage, to relax and reflect on your strength and weakness. Continue expanding your knowledge of the PT profession. Then move on to the next challenge. Still sitting there worried about application results? How about taking your parents out to lunch? I bet they'd appreciate it. Or, what I do, troll for a glimpse of the upcoming Walking Dead season.

If things continue to look gloomy, watch Psy do his Gangnam dance:
http://youtu.be/9bZkp7q19f0

If you would like to relate the video to what your inspired profession does... Analyze the biomechanics of his moves, lol.

Good luck, future colleagues.

Members don't see this ad.

I wholeheartedly appreciate everything about this post.

That was really refreshing to read, thanks Azimuthal. I think this goes for students applying to any professional program, not just PT. We are so used to having a competitive nature, we forget to step back in life and appreciate the bigger picture (as well as how far we've actually come!).

Members don't see this ad :)
:luck: Thanks so much for this post. Very reassuring &...just made my day!

Sigh...stupid math professors.

Seriously, thank you for this post. I have had more than my share of stress/anger/pity/not good enough feeling because of the application process. It's nice finding a forum where we can all come together and share our thoughts and worries. Most of my friends are pre med,pharm, dental, so I don't have anyone to talk about pt stuff with! Good luck everyone who is applying this round !