releasing step 2 ck score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gasgasgas

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi everyone. i'm new here. just had a quick question. in the middle of interviews. my step 1 score was around mean. i took step 2 hoping to increase my score more, but only increased by 5 points, which is also around mean. should i release my score? or would it be better not to since it wasn't a significant increase?

thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

hi everyone. i'm new here. just had a quick question. in the middle of interviews. my step 1 score was around mean. i took step 2 hoping to increase my score more, but only increased by 5 points, which is also around mean. should i release my score? or would it be better not to since it wasn't a significant increase?

thanks in advance!

I'd release it, because they likely know you have taken the exam. If you are still within the mean, this isn't exactly changing your current ranking, is it? If they know you took the exam, and realize you haven't released the scores, they will be suspicious.

release it. otherwise, you look like you're hiding something. besides, if you are applying to a program that actually will give consideration to anything other than the fact you passed it, you probably don't want to be there anyway.