Remedial math

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medreno

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, This has probably been posted before but I cant find an answer. In high school I hated math classes! When it came time to register for classes at college, I ended up having to take a remedial math class and move up until I get to higher level classes (i.e College Algebra, Calculus). Do remedial classes count towards AMCAS GPA? Ive heard yes and no. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I havent taken any college algebra yet, still taking remedial math class. Just now moving onto sophomore year.

Hey, This has probably been posted before but I cant find an answer. In high school I hated math classes! When it came time to register for classes at college, I ended up having to take a remedial math class and move up until I get to higher level classes (i.e College Algebra, Calculus). Do remedial classes count towards AMCAS GPA? Ive heard yes and no. Thanks.
No, they don't. Remedial math are just classes to refresh your memory and get you catch up with the others.

Members don't see this ad :)
Will they look bad?

I agree with the confusion on Math classes below 100 level...

Just so I'm clear...math classes below 100 level are considered remedial? How about math classes that are above 100 yet are "Fundamentals of Arithmetic/Algebra?" (a VERY old class). Or does it matter what the title is, as long as the course is over 100, it counts towards BCPM?

Sorry :( I looked all over SDN and can't find the answer.

Are you sure? Someone told me they did count.

If they're on your transcript you need to put them on your amcas so they do count for your gpa and sgpa. However, if schools have a math prerequisite they may not count for the requirement. That would be up to the individual school.

If they're on your transcript you need to put them on your amcas so they do count for your gpa and sgpa. However, if schools have a math prerequisite they may not count for the requirement. That would be up to the individual school.

This. If on the transcript with a grade, they will count towards your GPA.