Repeating a course and how that will look to medical schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted421268

I am an undergraduate student and here at our school if you get below a C you are required to retake the course again. Say for instance a student freshman year had to retake bio 1 and bio lab both 2nd semester again due to not getting C in both 1st semester how will that look to med schools??? The 2nd grade will count towards grade point average here at our school.

Members don't see this ad.

Both classes count towards amcas gpa, your schools policy doesn't matter

DO schools accept grade replacement, MD's do not. (generalized statement)

Members don't see this ad :)
1st semester for me as of Now is A A C+ Ç+ D D. Those Cs can go to B's with à little more work. Should i fail my two D classes on purpose so I can retake em in spring with more focus and do better or withdraw 1 or both of them? Or try to get passing C grade in both?

Should i fail my two D classes on purpose so I can retake em in spring with more focus and do better or withdraw 1 or both of them? Or try to get passing C grade in both?
If acceptance to an MD school is your primary goal, then you don't want Ds and Fs included in the calculation of your application GPA. Better to withdraw from both of them if you can't pull the grades up.

Reactions: 1 user
I literally Lol'ed when you said should I purposely fail them hahahaha.

But in all seriousness if you want an MD multiple D's/F's will doom you. Your schools policy doesn't matter. You could retake your F's and get A's and have a 4.0 GPA for your undergrad, but when you apply medical schools you have to list both.

Reactions: 3 users
I literally Lol'ed when you said should I purposely fail them hahahaha.

But in all seriousness if you want an MD multiple D's/F's will doom you. Your schools policy doesn't matter. You could retake your F's and get A's and have a 4.0 GPA for your undergrad, but when you apply medical schools you have to list both.

That's OP's problem, he thinks that his school's policy magically makes those bad grades go away just because he'll have a nice GPA at his university. Too bad it doesn't work that way (well, for MD).