Replacing PS after submission..now TWO PS available to programs!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
B

birthdaycake

Hi all,

I recently un-assigned several previously submitted personal statements and uploaded new ones to replace them. I thought this would be okay based on an email from ERAS which said, "If you create a new personal statement and un-assign the old one and select the new one it will replace the personal statement that they have previously received."

However, on ADTS I can see that in some cases BOTH of the personal statements are available to the program, and in other cases "not yet retrieved" or "Not uploaded to PostOffice." Even for programs which have not retrieved any of my information, I can see both personal statements listed with "Not yet retrieved."

Any thoughts or advice would be very much appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

From what I know, once you have applied to a program and assigned a PS, it becomes available to the program and even ERAS cannot withdraw it. This is irrespective of the program retrieving it. When you upload a new PS, it becomes available to the program and they will see that as replacement, but the former one is still available to them.

From what I know, once you have applied to a program and assigned a PS, it becomes available to the program and even ERAS cannot withdraw it. This is irrespective of the program retrieving it. When you upload a new PS, it becomes available to the program and they will see that as replacement, but the former one is still available to them.

Thank you for your response! Hopefully they will not think too poorly of my mistake :(

In the old system, where apps are physically downloaded to a local machine from the ERAS server, a PS that hadn't yet been DL'd prior to being replaced by the applicant didn't exist. And if it had already been DL'd, both were available (and usually the program only used the later one).

With the new web based system that some programs are using (but definitely not all...and I don't know if there's a way to tell from the applicant side which is which), I don't know how it's working. Perhaps aPD and IMPD will swing by later to enlighten us.

Not exactly.

In the Old system, if you submitted one PS and then updated with another, the prior PS would be removed and only the new PS is available. If a program printed it out already, obviously they would have both.

In the New system, I expect it's the same. I expect they've designed it so that there is only one PS. If you upload a new one, the old one is removed. If a program has printed it already, then they would have both. But I'm not sure. So far, only one PS per application.

Reactions: 1 user