Reporting hours for licensure

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PsychologyToday1984

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I came across this :

Accrue supervised clinical hours. Students should accrue 2,000 hours during internship and 2,000 hours during postdoc, on average, to meet state requirements, recommends Emil Rodolfa, PhD, a former member of the California licensing board and chair of the Association of Psychology Postdoctoral and Internship Centers. Jurisdictions vary in the number of supervised hours required. For example, Michigan requires 6,000 supervised hours, whereas California requires 3,000 hours

What hours go into the 2000 supervised hours accrued during internship. Are those face-to-face hours clinical hours? didactics? etc? Thank you.

In my state I need X amount of hours obtained during the pre-doctoral internship. I'm just wondering if I need X amount of clinical face-to-face hours.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
50 weeks x 40 hours a week= 2000 hours per year. APA accredited internship ensures that it meets licensure criteria for most states. State laws dictate what you need to do to meet post-doc requirements. Usually, it is something along the lines of that you are working full time providing clinical services and that you get one hour of supervision from a licensed psychologist per week. Documentation requirements also vary from state to state.

Reactions: 1 user
50 weeks x 40 hours a week= 2000 hours per year. APA accredited internship ensures that it meets licensure criteria for most states. State laws dictate what you need to do to meet post-doc requirements. Usually, it is something along the lines of that you are working full time providing clinical services and that you get one hour of supervision from a licensed psychologist per week. Documentation requirements also vary from state to state.
Thank you!