Reputable Rehabilitation/Neuropsychology Centers in MI

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Balmoral

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am moving to MI in the next few months and interested in staying in clinical neuro/rehab. Since I'm not familiar with the companies, I was wondering if people in the area are familiar with rehab centers around the Ann Arbor, Flint, Detroit, and Lansing/East Lansing areas.

I am more interested in information about smaller private clinics (e.g., Hope Network, Rainbow, etc.) since I can easily get more information on the larger instistutions (e.g, RIM, UM)

Thanks for any insight!

Members don't see this ad.

In what capacity? Rehab psych, mostly/only neuro psych evals, therapy, etc?

With MI No Fault auto insurance there are a lot more rehab places in MI. There are a ton of small places, though they vary in quality. Most of my knowledge are for the larger places.

Mich St. (Hurley) should be on your list. I believe Kirk Stucky is still out there and I think his group does some great work (if you want to do more rehab-focused work).

Hope, Rainbow, and similar have decent to good reputations for step-down rehab tx in general, but I'm not sure about rehab/neuro opportunities. I have sent some patients to Mary Free Bed and they have a good rehab/neuro person there (who's name escapes me).

UMich is very hard to get into bc ppl rarely leave, but they should be on everyone's list. For neuro work it is split between Psychiatry (Linus B., Ken Adams, etc) and PM&R (Kirsch, Warschuasky, etc ).

Last edited: