Res ending GRE scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

omfgitscrystal

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if I'm reapplying to a program and have already sent in my GRE score, do I have to resend them again this cycle?

Members don't see this ad.

Yes you do. Every year you have to unfortunately

You only have to send them again if you took it a second time. If there are no change in scores then you don't. You can see on PTCAS that your scores from last year are there.

Members don't see this ad :)
I DID have to resend mine to the schools. I was a reapplicant and they weren't at the school the 2nd year (I tried to look through my records to see if the school had changed their code or something like that....but in the end I don't remember the reason). This would be a good email question to the schools specifically. Also on the PTCAS website (under FAQ s > Tests) they say that PTCAS does not carry them forward (but I swear they did for me and I don't have a receipt showing I paid for them to be sent to PTCAS again....a mystery).

I am a reapplicant when you reapply you have to resubmit everything. Schools dont hold your information

So even if the scores still show up in PTCAS you have to send them anyway? That totally sucks but I guess that makes sense since PTCAS just serves as a relay between ETS and the individual school.

And I'm not surprised really, anything to do with ETS is going to involve getting ripped off in some way, you can always count on that.

Reactions: 2 users
I am a reapplicant when you reapply you have to resubmit everything. Schools dont hold your information
I hate to have given false information. I am also a re-applicant. I called up PTCAS and they stated that GRE scores are pulled forward. Also, on my application I see them from last year for each school I applied through PTCAS.

"A: If your application was “mailed” to your designated PT programs in the previous admissions cycle and you re-apply, PTCAS can pull your application materials forward into the current admissions cycle. It is the re-applicant’s responsibility to verify that the imported information is accurate and complete.

PTCAS will pull most application data forward, including:

All colleges and universities attendedAll United States coursework previously verified by staffAll Canadian coursework listed on the applicationAll United States transcripts, Canadian transcripts and Foreign Transcript Evaluations receivedAll listed extracurricular activities, honors and work experiences

Re-applicants are advised to re-submit GRE scores to the correct GRE code for every designated program in PTCAS as some institutions do not (1) accept GRE scores sent via PTCAS or (2) pull previously received GRE scores forward into the new admissions cycle.

The following items are not pulled forward by PTCAS from the previous cycle:

References*PT Observation Hours and Verification FormsEssaysPaymentsPT Program DesignationsResponses to Custom Questions for PT Programs

*If required by the designated PT programs, re-applicants are encouraged to submit new references to demonstrate what steps they have taken to improve their application since they last applied.
"

Straight from PTCAS