Rescheduling interview for an earlier date

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Re3iRtH

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone done it? Successfully?

Members don't see this ad.

I did this successfully at 2 schools.

In both cases, I had already been granted an interview at another, area school for an earlier date. So, I called admissions for the "later" school, explained that I would already been in the state for another interview at an earlier date, and asked if it would be possible to reschedule the later interview so that I could attend both on a single trip. Both schools were very polite and accomodating. :thumbup:

I wasnt even offered an interview and i called and asked for a earlier interview. They said they dont see and interview and that i probably got erased. Haha i got a free interview!

Members don't see this ad :)
I know at SUNY upstate, they have a interview cancelation list. My interview is scheduled for Mar 21, but when someone cancels an interview, they go to the list of names, such as me, and then ask teh first person who has agreed to only need X days of notification to come down. As for me, I said that I would need two days, as I live in Canada about 4 hours away.

Other schools probably do this type of thing too.

I did it....I called just to see if there was a possibility of moving to a different date due to a potential work conflict--this particular school can be a bit prickly, so I think the key was not to call demanding a different date, but calling to see if there was a chance they could make the change....and they were totally fine with making the switch.

I wasnt even offered an interview and i called and asked for a earlier interview. They said they dont see and interview and that i probably got erased. Haha i got a free interview!

are you serious?????? :eek:

wow you've just caused 36.345% of SDNers to freak out and attempt to call the admissions offices of all their prospective schools, even though its midnight.

Yes. Also, if you're a local, check if the school has any last-minute cancellations. I bumped my interview date at a very good school up by about 2 months because I was willing to drive there on short notice.

Well my issue is that I just wanted to move it to an
earlier date because I dont want those long painfull
times in-between interviews... And I happen to be
very excited about interviewing at this school.
They need a "legitimate" reason. Hmm...

if you change an interview to an earlier date, are you more favored than some1 at a later interview date?

if you change an interview to an earlier date, are you more favored than some1 at a later interview date?

If a school is rollig, then technically yes.

I called for an earlier date for a school. I wasn't actively looking for an earlier date, but after 2 tries in scheduling, the date the office worker proposed was 2 weeks earlier and it worked. I can't really remember which one though. I think it was probably Emory.

If a school is rollig, then technically yes.

I called for an earlier date for a school. I wasn't actively looking for an earlier date, but after 2 tries in scheduling, the date the office worker proposed was 2 weeks earlier and it worked. I can't really remember which one though. I think it was probably Emory.

o i c..thx