Research or Work?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cher25

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I participated in a competitive 10 week research fellowship at a well known cancer treatment center between M1 and M2. During this time, I participated in qualitative research that yielded me a publication (systematic review). There was no bench research and I had minimal patient interaction. The program was multidisciplinary in nature and we attended multiple seminars, grand rounds, and developed relationships with mentors. At the end of the program, I was required to do a poster and powerpoint presentation on my work. I'm unsure of whether to list this as a research experience or a work experience.

Members don't see this ad.

I am under the impression that if it involves research, it's a research experience (even if you got paid for it). My advisor had me list my full time research position as a "research experience" even though it was a job.

Reactions: 1 user
I am under the impression that if it involves research, it's a research experience (even if you got paid for it). My advisor had me list my full time research position as a "research experience" even though it was a job.
Thanks for the response. I thought maybe it should fall under research but the fact that I was paid and did no bench research made me hesitant to do so. So I'll go ahead and put it down as a research experience. Thanks again!