Research Points for JSGMESB

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Clap MD

Surgery Resident
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
FYSA

If you have research in an area other than the field you are applying for, you might want to check with the selection board specific to your specialty to make sure they'll give points for that research. I'd always thought that the points were good and would go on the app regardless, but I recently found out that's not always the case. Some specialties will count anything, the more competitive ones won't. Obviously at the PD interview level, specialty specific research is always preferable.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm sure as **** not going to trust an MD who caught clap... That's like trusting a skinny chef

Is this across all branches?

Not sure man, sorry. I know it applies to AF though. Since they are all at the same meeting (the JS part of JSGMESB) I would assume they all work that way. But as we know, so much can vary between services, nothing would surprise me.

I'm sure as **** not going to trust an MD who caught clap... That's like trusting a skinny chef

Haha experience is the best teacher isn't that what they say? But no that's not how I got my name.