Research Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AnotherBioMajor

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I need a little advice.. I got myself into a little more than I had expected with assisting research. I'm helping a researcher who studies the environment. She expects a lot from me and I had no idea this was a long term commitment. I needed to complete some community service hours and realized I already have, but I started helping her with research already. I don't know if I should back out or keep going? Sorry if this isn't very detailed, I need to know before tomorrow. Thanks guys.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not entirely sure what you're asking.

Do you mean that you don't have enough time to help her or can't help her for as long as she would like? It might be good to just talk with her about what you're concerns are. Maybe some adjustments can be made in a way that still allows you to help out.

Easiest way is to talk to her and figure out what kind of commitment she wants.

If you can't give it to her, then don't do it. There's plenty of research opportunities out there and there's little reason to begin a project that already doesn't work out.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not entirely sure what you're asking.

Do you mean that you don't have enough time to help her or can't help her for as long as she would like? It might be good to just talk with her about what you're concerns are. Maybe some adjustments can be made in a way that still allows you to help out.

I mean to ask, Should I continue assisting her even though I don't need too? I thought I needed community service hours, but I already had enough before committing to her. Could it benefit me in any way if I continued helping through out my undergrad?

Don't only get motivated by being able to check things off on AMCAS. If it's something you're interested in and passionate about, then go for it. It kind of sounds like you're not, so try to find something that you actually really like. Everyone will get more out of it that way.